By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most disappointing video game sequels?

Tagged games:

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
chocoloco said:

Alright I disagree, It had way more maps to play online with and no overpowered pistol. Plus it added the Arbitor to coop and online which created more variety.

Well, I did say H2 outperformed H1s multiplayer.

The overall atmosphere blew it (need I say "imo"?).

No, because I am not one of those arrogant guys that seem to swamp this place and only like one company. Why so serious?

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

No, because I am not one of those arrogant guys that seem to swamp this place and only like one company. Why so serious?

I thought that last line made it clear that I just turned less serious :P

Metroid prime 3 and Halo 2..... WHA?! And metroid prime you say is awesome in every way except you didn't like that it was on wii.

From the original article I would say yes to Angel of Darkness and Duke Nukem. However for myself I would say Warrior within isn't entirely well placed on the list. It was a great game it was just an odd direction to take the series. So I guess in a way it was a disappointing sequel but feels unfair to say so when it was still so brilliant.

Lost Planet 2 should be on that list, it was a complete screw up.

Assassins creed revelations should also be on there. A sequel where literally the only good part of it was the core gameplay from the original game years and years ago. Almost every addition took away from the title.

Could put a load of games from the PS2 era and earlier on there. The entire turok series after 2 for example lol.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World.....the f*ck were you thinking namco....

Dragon Age II: I haven't beaten this games but HOLY SHIT Bioware!!! way to throw your goty-formula out the window...(and what with trying to make that ugly-ass flemeth a milf?)

Zim said:
Metroid prime 3 and Halo 2..... WHA?! And metroid prime you say is awesome in every way except you didn't like that it was on wii.

From the original article I would say yes to Angel of Darkness and Duke Nukem. However for myself I would say Warrior within isn't entirely well placed on the list. It was a great game it was just an odd direction to take the series. So I guess in a way it was a disappointing sequel but feels unfair to say so when it was still so brilliant.

Lost Planet 2 should be on that list, it was a complete screw up.

Assassins creed revelations should also be on there. A sequel where literally the only good part of it was the core gameplay from the original game years and years ago. Almost every addition took away from the title.

Could put a load of games from the PS2 era and earlier on there. The entire turok series after 2 for example lol.

Well, yeah. The Wii hardware is/was very disappointing in my opinion. I can't be the only one to think that.

Edit: And the controls obviously messed up the experience for me. FPS is supposed to be played with KB-mouse and/or actual controllers, not remotes.

Around the Network

I agree with you in all of then, less on Metroid Prime 3, in fact is my favorite game of Prime series

Final fantasy 13 and resident evil 5.

hajime234 said:
I agree with you in all of then, less on Metroid Prime 3, in fact is my favorite game of Prime series

... and your most disappointing sequels aaaaare?   =)

Spider-Man 3
Street Fighter 4
Xenosaga: Episode 2
White Knight Chronicles 2
Dragon Age 2
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 3
Star Ocean 4
Final Fantasy X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII
Tekken 6
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Can't believe no-one has said this:

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League