By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita's biggest challenge? Gamers love to hate Sony

Hate Sony?

Why yes, yes I do 65 21.59%

We have a love/hate relationship 57 18.94%

Damn haters!!1! 104 34.55%

What's Sony? 29 9.63%

Fuck that, just give me The Last Guardian! 45 14.95%

Total:300

It's staggering the amount of hate Vita is getting not only from consumers but from the journo types. It just seems Sony can do no right.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I said this in another thread. People (especially internet people) hate Sony and Square Enix. No matter what they do, it's just not enough. I'm not saying that they're perfect or close to it, but the hatred is unjustified.

PS3 almost destroyed the Sony brand. Remarks like getting a second job to get a ps3 were unnecessary and they made people start losing respect in Sony. Both the psp and the psv are incredible devices and deserve/d to succeed (the psp did good software-wise but terrible at selling software). I hope Sony do something to change their image, though I doubt it.

Wait its our fault that Sony priced ps3 at $600 dollars our fault that sony had waited so long to bring out killer games for ps3 our  fault that psp did not offer many games after about a 2 yr period out side god of war .     and i guess its our fault that sony choose to not include somthing that is manditor for the use of psvita!   

and then has little software announced that intrists any one last i check i put that on the company responsible for the said product

you know darn well as i do that there was a better situation that sony would have been had they played their cards right!

just look at nintendo they sat in a hole during the gc era they dug them selfs out of it

what does sony do .. they just blew an oppertunity w 3ds vs vita by not announcing it anytime sooner then they did and this is when psp was already dead in america 

and then when they did finish all the announcments it turned out that we have to buy memory cards that cost 30 bucks to just basically boot a vita game which runs on a memory card like format already big mistake- nintendo never did this . and theyve used cartridges how long .  

it all boils down to marketing to. i have yet to see a psvita ad ran in the usa besides that taco bell one that says you could win a vita (good marketing? ya for taco bell) not for sony

and games ,people  vita needs games more then just ports  of hd twin titles and new ips that i trust like a bullet to the head . 

what they really need is a established franchise like gran turismo twisted metal or  gather some exclusive third party titles like nfs crash spyro driver gta ..  -they did for psp but then guess what they ported those over to ps2.   making psp next to worthless for new comers

thats mistake after mistake if your going to make it exclusive it should stay exclusive unless its a remaster (eg  zelda oot to zelda oot 3d) that came 10 yrs after the original ..  not 1 yr later

so  if they repeat them selfs again . its not our fault.   if sony made better decisions this gen they would be successful like nintendo . 

as far as vita goes . whether or not it fails is to be seen .,  i  hope sony has games lined up after launch .  because thats what matters not the launch line up . those dont even appeal that much except 4 like ive told everyone .  

4 out of 28 plus titles . 

we need solid support and so far it looks little if any

Don't know about that, I see sony getting loved a lot. In fact in terms of most liked, I think Sony wins and Nintendo is the most hated by gamers. Only in terms of gaming journalism do I think Sony might below Microsoft.

goldeneye0074eva2222 said:
if gamers hated sony i doubt ps1 or ps2 would have succeeded maybe its time you learned that sony has not been doing things as good as they could be right now

lets rewind back to psp how selfish people pirated titles instead of buying them thats why the psp did not do well game wise its not sonys fault its the gamers them selfs that are at fault.

as far as ps3 yes that is sony's doing . they should have learned from various older consoles such as the 3do or jaguar that 600 dollars or 500 dollars was not a good price and offering little to nothing as far as quality games what did they expect us to do play resistance or motorstorm for a year at 600 dollars i dont think so

and then they went and did the same mistake for the vita
when it was first announced i thought $249.99 was good .. but as it got closer to release they had announced some ridiculous memory card stipulation such as you need it to boot a game,. those run for 30 bucks for a good sized memory card for people who dont download stuff. - 8 gigs

for those who download stuff will have to shell out 100 bucks for a 32 gig memory card
so when you put this as your final price- 280 is the least youll be spending 270 if you only go for 4 gigs. which is lousy by todays standard (not include a game) sure the 3g bundle sounds nice but im not going to spend 50 extra dollars for somthing i aint gonna use and have my game hand choosen by sony no thanks
i will do the choosing my self .
the least they could have done is offered 4 gig memory cards as a pack in for any vita
not this stupid bundle where only 3 g versions get a memory card

this is where sony is failing
also

to announce any further plans for future releases somthing Nintendo delivered every time they released a console

or handheld
we knew nintendo had extra games in the pipeline even before the system hit shelves

whats sony got after the 28 launch games ? so far ive only heard a port of mortal kombat is in the works and call of duty besides that
sony has not even made effort to announce any of their key titles that have entries past 2012

You're right.

wi-fi only:

PlayStation Vita: £214.99

(A free 8GB memory card and a game for £15 is available with the console)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_162860787_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000613683&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=qpe-title-tag&pf_rd_r=0WGDWYRHNYAJNTV345PE&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=280846187&pf_rd_i=B0054Q82WI

PlayStation Vita Console - Wi-Fi (With Free 8GB Memory Card + Pre-Order Pack)

£218.99

http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/4-/28886739/PlayStation-Vita-Console-Wi-Fi/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=vita&urlrefer=search

And tons more, if you look em up.

Around the Network

I think it's just that the Sony fans can be very annoying. That's the only reason why I have any animosity towards Sony. Everything Playstation related is given God-like status from their fans and it gets annoying. I like my PS3 and don't hate Sony but their fans just get to me. They could release a turd and the fans will come and praise it for having such a strong smell and claim it's AAA before a trailer comes out.

I think it stems from the fans being used to being the #1 console by a large margin then suddenly dropping to last. They now have to hype every little thing to make it seem like it's doing better than it is.

I know other fans can be annoying but there's just something annoying by the way some Sony fans whine.

PS: I also realize that not all Sony fans are annoying so you don't have to tell me and am not trying to lump them all together.

Edit:  Took out dead last, didn't think people would focus on an insignificant part of the post.  I've always used it as last place but whatever.

So true!

voty2000 said:
I think it's just that the Sony fans can be very annoying. That's the only reason why I have any animosity towards Sony. Everything Playstation related is given God-like status from their fans and it gets annoying. I like my PS3 and don't hate Sony but their fans just get to me. They could release a turd and the fans will come and praise it for having such a strong smell and claim it's AAA before a trailer comes out.

I think it stems from the fans being used to being the #1 console by a large margin then suddenly dropping to dead last. They now have to hype every little thing to make it seem like it's doing better than it is.

I know other fans can be annoying but there's just something annoying by the way some Sony fans whine.

PS: I also realize that not all Sony fans are annoying so you don't have to tell me and am not trying to lump them all together.

Are you telling me that Ninty and MS fans don't do the same thing?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I would say we have a love/hate relationship. I pretty much do not like Sony... but... I really don't like Microsoft.

Ajescent said:
voty2000 said:

I think it stems from the fans being used to being the #1 console by a large margin then suddenly dropping to dead last. They now have to hype every little thing to make it seem like it's doing better than it is.

Are you telling me that Ninty and MS fans don't do the same thing?

Actually to a degree I think he is right. Infact that is what I hated about Sony fans in the past aswell, anything exclusive almot got instance status of being the GOTY! Nintendo and Microsoft fans have done it to a degree, but nothing at the level of sony fans have shown. Given in the past couple of years it has been tone down from sony fans, still some what exists.