By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita's biggest challenge? Gamers love to hate Sony

Hate Sony?

Why yes, yes I do 65 21.59%

We have a love/hate relationship 57 18.94%

Damn haters!!1! 104 34.55%

What's Sony? 29 9.63%

Fuck that, just give me The Last Guardian! 45 14.95%

Total:300
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

I would say we have a love/hate relationship. I pretty much do not like Sony... but... I really don't like Microsoft.

I am pretty sure a love/hate relationship refers to repeatedly going from one extreme to the other. It doesn't mean that your feelings are right in the middle.

Well then never mind, I'm in the middle.

Around the Network
voty2000 said:
I think it's just that the Sony fans can be very annoying. That's the only reason why I have any animosity towards Sony. Everything Playstation related is given God-like status from their fans and it gets annoying. I like my PS3 and don't hate Sony but their fans just get to me. They could release a turd and the fans will come and praise it for having such a strong smell and claim it's AAA before a trailer comes out.

I think it stems from the fans being used to being the #1 console by a large margin then suddenly dropping to dead last. They now have to hype every little thing to make it seem like it's doing better than it is.

I know other fans can be annoying but there's just something annoying by the way some Sony fans whine.

PS: I also realize that not all Sony fans are annoying so you don't have to tell me and am not trying to lump them all together.

The PS3 is right behind the 360, how is that dead last?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Acevil said:
Ajescent said:
voty2000 said:
I think it's just that the Sony fans can be very annoying. That's the only reason why I have any animosity towards Sony. Everything Playstation related is given God-like status from their fans and it gets annoying. I like my PS3 and don't hate Sony but their fans just get to me. They could release a turd and the fans will come and praise it for having such a strong smell and claim it's AAA before a trailer comes out.

I think it stems from the fans being used to being the #1 console by a large margin then suddenly dropping to dead last. They now have to hype every little thing to make it seem like it's doing better than it is.

I know other fans can be annoying but there's just something annoying by the way some Sony fans whine.

PS: I also realize that not all Sony fans are annoying so you don't have to tell me and am not trying to lump them all together.

Are you telling me that Ninty and MS fans don't do the same thing?

Actually to a degree I think he is right. Infact that is what I hated about Sony fans in the past aswell, anything exclusive almot got instance status of being the GOTY! Nintendo and Microsoft fans have done it to a degree, but nothing at the level of sony fans have shown. Given in the past couple of years it has been tone down from sony fans, still some what exists. 

I understand when a couple of years ago their fanboys were desperate but now as you say it has toned down, I'd say to the point where it's equal on all fronts.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Areym said:
voty2000 said:

What?

Out of three, it is third.

It is the third of three.

The last.

The lowest.

That which has the least sales: Playstation 3.

"Dead last" just means it's in last place. It's strong language, usually suggesting that there are more than three competitors, but it is not technically wrong.

I lol at anyone who thinks that any company other than Nintendo or Sega has a problem with haters.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Ajescent said:
voty2000 said:

Actually to a degree I think he is right. Infact that is what I hated about Sony fans in the past aswell, anything exclusive almot got instance status of being the GOTY! Nintendo and Microsoft fans have done it to a degree, but nothing at the level of sony fans have shown. Given in the past couple of years it has been tone down from sony fans, still some what exists. 

I remember users calling someone the r word because he wrote a personal review and gave Smg2 a 9/10. He got tons of hate. It was ridiculous. I also remember a lot of "Halo x shits all over Uncharted x" comments. There are just as many annoying statements from Sony fans, as from Ninty or Ms fans. It just sounds worse when one bashes something you like the most though.

Mr Khan said:
I lol at anyone who thinks that any company other than Nintendo or Sega has a problem with haters.

Sega suuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

naruball said:
Acevil said:
Ajescent said:
voty2000 said:

I remember users calling someone the r word because he wrote a personal review and gave Smg2 a 9/10. He got tons of hate. It was ridiculous. I also remember a lot of "Halo x shits all over Uncharted x" comments. There are just as many annoying statements from Sony fans, as from Ninty or Ms fans. It just sounds worse when one bashes something you like the most though.

You weren't around during 2008 so you have no idea...I blame MGS4 for bring most of the hell that 2008 brought foward.

Former something....

Areym said:
voty2000 said:

If people could talk about the GameCube being dead last last generaiton, certainly it can be fair to put the same treatment on the PS3 now.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

From my experience, most of the time customers get angry and start to "hate" a company it comes from the company being unwilling or unable to learn from their mistakes; and/or a company that seems unwilling or unable to listen to their customers.