By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did This Gen Finally "Die" ?

No, this gen is alive and well. It is just heading into its golden years. I expect to see it retire some time next year, but it should live a decent retirement between the HD twins. All three platforms have a shot at 100M mark when its all said and done.

I even don't expect to see the games start to dry up. With the WiiU being similar in power to the current HD consoles, ports of most games should make their way to PS360 for many years to come.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

nope loads of great games are still coming out for the HD consoles but yeah it could probably be considered dead for the wii

Argh_College said:

Looks like this Gen is now finnaly dying after almost 7 year in the market the first Console (Xbox360) is seeing its sales going down the roof by some crazy margins...

No doubt we need new consoles but has this gen died or their is still room for sky rocket Consoles sales?

I know MS doesnt drop the price from 360 since 2008 but i dont think its prices anymore, Ps3 is being sold by 250$ and last year sold way more at 299$.

Rest in Peace 7Th Gen <3 

First of all, didn't 360 just have it's best year ever? and it's dying 6 weeks later?

and how is it "not about prices anymore"? It's always about prices. 360 just had it's biggest year without a price cut. You think they can't provide serious incentives for people to buy? They could drop a full $100 or more and still remain profitable.

Video games killed the grammar star.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think that this gen doesn't end until the next gen consoles hit shelves. I guessing theres around 1.5-2 years away

Around the Network

this gen doesn't end until sony says so. >_>

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Didn't 360 and PS3 post their best sales numbers in 2011?

It's only 3/4 done

One more Year of "big" 10m+ sales for PS3 and 360. Wii wont reach it.

2013 will see the Wii be dead. 360/PS3 successors will probably release, PS3 or 360 will be above 10 Million. One wont be.

2014 will see all 3 with new consoles on the market, PS3 and 360 finally "dying".

2015 - 360 is dead, PS3 continues to do fairly well due to the expanded markets, PS2 style.

Still alive and kicking. So many exiting games coming this year. How is it dead.