By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did This Gen Finally "Die" ?

Looks like this Gen is now finnaly dying after almost 7 year in the market the first Console (Xbox360) is seeing its sales going down the roof by some crazy margins...

No doubt we need new consoles but has this gen died or their is still room for sky rocket Consoles sales?

I know MS doesnt drop the price from 360 since 2008 but i dont think its prices anymore, Ps3 is being sold by 250$ and last year sold way more at 299$.

Rest in Peace 7Th Gen <3 

Around the Network

Well it still has a good so-so year ahead.

No, but spelling and grammar apparently did.

Note: Rol beat me to it however it deserves to be pointed out again.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

No

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Dis gen is died.

Around the Network

It hasn't "died." but it is in the later stages of its cycle.

I wouldn't say this gen is officially "dead" until we see Sony and MS' new consoles.

Doomed!!!!! Sales slow and it all ends for us gamers. It is the end. Nothing good left.

yup its dying unless MS/Sony have some big game announcements at this years E3 that will make their consoles last for a bit longer. honestly can they really have a show this year and not talk about their next consoles? i doubt that.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It's not going to die off into oblivion. We will still see decent sales for this year...certainly way down YOY but with price cuts the PS3 and 360 should get 9-11 million with the Wii getting 7-9.