By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did This Gen Finally "Die" ?

Argh_College said:

Looks like this Gen is now finnaly dying after almost 7 year in the market the first Console (Xbox360) is seeing its sales going down the roof by some crazy margins...

No doubt we need new consoles but has this gen died or their is still room for sky rocket Consoles sales?

I know MS doesnt drop the price from 360 since 2008 but i dont think its prices anymore, Ps3 is being sold by 250$ and last year sold way more at 299$.

Rest in Peace 7Th Gen <3 

360 is sold at 2008 prices? How much did the 360 cost in 2008? Here in Europe in 2008 when I wanted to buy a 360 it was well over 300 euros, I remember the Gears of War+Forza 2 bundle and one with Viva Pinata for 350 euros. Now 360 is 170 euros for the 4GB and 230 euros for 4GB+Kinect+2 games.

Around the Network

Not yet.

I think the only ones who want to call "time; game over!" are the ones who would just as soon overlook the continuing gradual shift in marketshare as the Wii continues its slide into obsolescence and the majority 60% of the hardware sales becomes evenly split between the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

Basically, the 7th gen ends when primary software support tapers off by both 1st party studios and more importantly, 3rd party studios. This specifically means leading edge projects as it's a given that any hardware platform that doesn't see production cut prematurely will continue to see nominal software support (mostly lower budget titles and ports of next gen games) until production finally ends.

It is however in its twilight years and the next iteration of the big titles are likely to be the swan song for each major IP seen this generation. Many of the major IPs will not be seeing another iteration this gen and are undoubtedly already being developed for next gen hardware.

greenmedic88 said:
Not yet.

I think the only ones who want to call "time; game over!" are the ones who would just as soon overlook the continuing gradual shift in marketshare as the Wii continues its slide into obsolescence and the majority 60% of the hardware sales becomes evenly split between the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

Basically, the 7th gen ends when primary software support tapers off by both 1st party studios and more importantly, 3rd party studios. This specifically means leading edge projects as it's a given that any hardware platform that doesn't see production cut prematurely will continue to see nominal software support (mostly lower budget titles and ports of next gen games) until production finally ends.

It is however in its twilight years and the next iteration of the big titles are likely to be the swan song for each major IP seen this generation. Many of the major IPs will not be seeing another iteration this gen and are undoubtedly already being developed for next gen hardware.

I wonder if series such as Mass Effect and Gears of War will continue in the next generation.

Also, Id was supposed to release Doom 4 for the current systems...wonder if it´s been moved to next gen consoles.