By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let Me Try This Again, Sony Copies Nintendo's Wii U Controller

Mmmfishtacos said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
maverick40 said:
wow who cares. lame thread.

Wow gamers care, lame comment. If you don't like it.....please move alnog.

No, Die hard Nintedo fans care. Not gamers. They really don't care.

Nintendo fans are gamers, you think because you play MW3 that makes you a gamer? How about the fact Nintendo fans purchase more consoles and games for the industry. Oh but shooters arent as popular on Nintendo consoles so they arent gamers.....fail!

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
archbrix said:

My point being that the WiiU's ability to stream with this kind of performance may not be able to be done on the PS3/Vita, despite the fact that the Vita is a far more capable device on its own than a WiiU controller is.  Only time will tell, though.

Well look at it this way, GT5 Supports 3 monotrs, running 3 playstation 3's in tandom, one being the server. showing 3 diffent views, So yes, it's very possible for the vita and ps3 to do this. Beside, sony already said they could.

Yup, you're right. You'll need 3 Playstation 3s and 1 if not 4 Vitas. Good idea tho, sounds just about market feasible. 

I'm not sure you understand. You'll only need one, ps3 and 1 vita, or more vitas for extra players. In GT's case you need 3 PS3's just for the video out's. Point is, it can run side by side, and be fluent.

Let's put aside the 3 videos thing it's totally irrellevant honestly. It's the vita screen that matters here, not the TV screens, since your argument rests on the fact that Vita has its own CPU and GFX processor. So, Vita's power yields Vita graphics (sub-PS3). Even if it is close to PS3 graphics, it's one gen late, and still not PS3 graphics per se. The Wii U tech is different in that it broadcasts Wii U graphics one to one to the controller, since the image is generated on the Wii U itself. 

Once you've put that in your pipe, have a smoke of it ;)

@Marcus. Get over yourself lol :P

glimmer_of_hope said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
maverick40 said:

No, Die hard Nintedo fans care. Not gamers. They really don't care.

Nintendo fans are gamers, you think because you play MW3 that makes you a gamer? How about the fact Nintendo fans purchase more consoles and games for the industry. Oh but shooters arent as popular on Nintendo consoles so they arent gamers.....fail!

So much fail on your part it's not even funny. When did I ever say they weren't gamers, but the fact that the hardcore Nintendo fan's are the ones who care about this crap. Because it's true, Who cares who did what first? It doesn't matter in the least. Besides, when did i ever claim to be a MW3 player? MW fell off after 2. But that's a whole different post. I like most gamers my age, grew up with Mario and Zelda. I still have much love for Nintendo, but they turned their backs on the core, to push motion gaming and gather a quick buck from the casuals. All that have moved on to the next in thing.

glimmer_of_hope said:
maverick40 said:

ok you'll have to forgive me this time. i'm over reacting. 

i just want to know this one thing. if neither Sony or Nintendo had no idea eachother were working on the same idea, how is that copying?

happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
archbrix said:

My point being that the WiiU's ability to stream with this kind of performance may not be able to be done on the PS3/Vita, despite the fact that the Vita is a far more capable device on its own than a WiiU controller is.  Only time will tell, though.

Well look at it this way, GT5 Supports 3 monotrs, running 3 playstation 3's in tandom, one being the server. showing 3 diffent views, So yes, it's very possible for the vita and ps3 to do this. Beside, sony already said they could.

Yup, you're right. You'll need 3 Playstation 3s and 1 if not 4 Vitas. Good idea tho, sounds just about market feasible. 

I'm not sure you understand. You'll only need one, ps3 and 1 vita, or more vitas for extra players. In GT's case you need 3 PS3's just for the video out's. Point is, it can run side by side, and be fluent.

Let's put aside the 3 videos thing it's totally irrellevant honestly. It's the vita screen that matters here, not the TV screens, since your argument rests on the fact that Vita has its own CPU and GFX processor. So, Vita's power yields Vita graphics (sub-PS3). Even if it is close to PS3 graphics, it's one gen late, and still not PS3 graphics per se. The Wii U tech is different in that it broadcasts Wii U graphics one to one to the controller, since the image is generated on the Wii U itself. 

@Marcus. Get over yourself lol :

So you're going back to graphics argument? Cause we all know how that goes. Doesn't matter what looks better, still pulling off the same thing in the end. Besides the WiiU's table screen is sub HD, 854 x 480. So no, it doesn't display the same WiiU graphics it will on your/mine nice 1080p TV. So your argument is mute.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
archbrix said:

@Marcus. Get over yourself lol :P

just waiting for the perfect time i see lol. also, i think Ninty has already stated that the Wiiu controler doesn't render hd graphic's

Mmmfishtacos said:
happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

So you're going back to graphics argument? Cause we all know how that goes. Doesn't matter what looks better, still pulling off the same thing in the end. Besides the WiiU's table screen is sub HD, 854 x 480. So no, it doesn't display the same WiiU graphics it will on your/mine nice 1080p TV. So your argument is mute.

The Vita resolution is 960x544, neither are HD, so what? The ppis are what matter the most on a handheld and here is how the Wii U tablet fairs:

• iPad 2 – 131.9 PPI
  • Motorola Xoom – 150 PPI
  • Wii U Tablet Controller – 157.9 PPI
  • HTC Thunderbolt – 180 PPI
  • Sony PlayStation Vita – 220 PPI
  • iPhone 4 – 326 PPI

"Like the Wii U itself, I couldn't get any official technical details of the Nintablet, including the resolution of the touch screen. However, the screen looked bright and colorful, but not necessarily as sharp or high-resolution as the PlayStation Vita or iPhone 4, in terms of pixels per inch." A quote from pcmag.com http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2386536,00.asp. So there ya have it.

happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

The Vita resolution is 960x544, neither are HD, so what? The ppis are what matter the most on a handheld and here is how the Wii U tablet fairs:

• iPad 2 – 131.9 PPI
  • Motorola Xoom – 150 PPI
  • Wii U Tablet Controller – 157.9 PPI
  • HTC Thunderbolt – 180 PPI
  • Sony PlayStation Vita – 220 PPI
  • iPhone 4 – 326 PPI

Well you're the one saying it's going to display the same graphics 1:1, which it isn't. you'll see a similar disparity between the WiiU and its tablet as you will with the PSV and a PS3.

Mmmfishtacos said:
happydolphin said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
archbrix said:

No, it's you that does not understand (not sure why, since your own example states it clear as day).  The scenario you cite with GT is USING THE POWER OF THREE INDIVIDUAL PS3s to support the screens, not one.  The Vita is not the PS3.  Of course the PS3/Vita can have interactivity... the Gamecube/GBA did that.  And the original Halo could support LAN play with multiple Xboxes in use... nothing new with this concept.  One more time with feeling:  it's ONE PS3 pumping out a full game to Vita and the TV running simultaneously that's in question here.  I'm skeptical that it can, but I'm not saying that it's definitely impossible either, just that your logic is definitely flawed.

And just because the WiiU tablet screen is only 480 is not key here.  The GC/GBA connectivity was not merely limited by resolution, but by the fact that the GBA was still not displaying GC quality graphics.  So his argument is not moot.