By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo get Grand Theft Auto V?

Tagged games:

Chances of GTA V coming to the Wii U at the same time as PS3 and 360?

100% 93 33.33%

50% 108 38.71%

25% 77 27.60%

Total:278
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
ryuzaki57 said:
You forgot the 0,000000000001% probability (because the zero risk doesn't exist, I'm afraid). No seriously the question is : can you expect there will be any audience for GTAV on WiiU? Just to remind you that Crystal Dynamics excluded a WiiU Tomb Raider although Underworld was ported to Wii (because they thought there could be a market). This is not about power, it's about the audience you address to.

This is a very valid point! Take heed!

Yup, there is not much of an audience for bad and watered down ports on Nintendo platforms. Although I do think that this topic is about an equal version of GTA V on the Wii U, so his post completely misses the point.

But I guess Wii U SHOULD be a place for watered down ports - just like the PS360! Except for graphics, the Wii suffered from a lack of 3rd party support, so to get GTAV would be a big boost for the Wii U. But it's like you said; it has to be equal to the other versions - or better

Lets put aside our Ninty love and think. @bolded, makes no sense, for the forseeable future the 360 will still be the lead platform they develop for so it wont have watered down ports. They wont be ports at all. Now when PS4 720 come along im sure Wii U will become lead platform

Around the Network

if Rockstars dont want to; Nintendo will pay them to do it; because they want to get rid of "is a console just for kids and grandmothers".

so 100%

Seece said:
Maybe, really seems pointless when it'll sell like COD though, 1m on WiiU, 10 on Sony/MS machines each ...

like Chinatown!? GTA is not CoD

and i belive an important part of GTA audience is kids, not 7 years old, but after 9 or smth

CoD has terrible graphics on Wii and most people didn't like the gameplay too, GTA is not a shooter anyway

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

oniyide said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
ryuzaki57 said:
You forgot the 0,000000000001% probability (because the zero risk doesn't exist, I'm afraid). No seriously the question is : can you expect there will be any audience for GTAV on WiiU? Just to remind you that Crystal Dynamics excluded a WiiU Tomb Raider although Underworld was ported to Wii (because they thought there could be a market). This is not about power, it's about the audience you address to.

Yup, there is not much of an audience for bad and watered down ports on Nintendo platforms. Although I do think that this topic is about an equal version of GTA V on the Wii U, so his post completely misses the point.

But I guess Wii U SHOULD be a place for watered down ports - just like the PS360! Except for graphics, the Wii suffered from a lack of 3rd party support, so to get GTAV would be a big boost for the Wii U. But it's like you said; it has to be equal to the other versions - or better

Lets put aside our Ninty love and think. @bolded, makes no sense, for the forseeable future the 360 will still be the lead platform they develop for so it wont have watered down ports. They wont be ports at all. Now when PS4 720 come along im sure Wii U will become lead platform

The thing with Wii U as a lead platform for development is the tablet-like controller. You can throw all the maps and inventories and what-have-you on there, but that is just not possible (as far as we know) on the PS720. The U could actually suffer for having a different controller in that aspect...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

i dont see any reason they cant, its not like nintendo is against M rated games, and they did have GTA for the DS. all that said, will you believe i never played any gta games..

Around the Network

nintendo doesnt need gta5 so they wont get it

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

DanneSandin said:
oniyide said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
ryuzaki57 said:

The thing with Wii U as a lead platform for development is the tablet-like controller. You can throw all the maps and inventories and what-have-you on there, but that is just not possible (as far as we know) on the PS720. The U could actually suffer for having a different controller in that aspect...

I disagree, those features are easy enough to implement, that it wont really put devs out of the way, and Sony has their own tablets and Vita and I wouldnt be surprised if they implement one or both of those for PS3 like Wii U's tablet. So that would give devs an even bigger reason to not freak out

I'm surprised by the reactions. I'm pretty sure the chance is 0% that GTAV is releasing on WiiU at all, ever.

Business wise: a given. Even if it only sells 1million x $30 (rockstar just getting $30 out of the $60) so $30 millions... Not bad if you ask anybody.
3rd parties mindsets: a 50-50 chance of getting it... The reason? They dont want/can compete with nintendo sales wise. I am pretty sure nintendo is going to have a huge title for the launch (probably NSMB: mii) along with pikmin and something else and that is going to stop/scare some 3rd party devs to release anything on the wiiU by launch time... Time will tell, but I dont give anything as a given unless I see some proof.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

ryuzaki57 said:

Who knows what demographic you can expect on the Wii U? These things don't always stay consistent from generation to generation. For example, the PS2 was the console of the masses as well as gamers, and yet the PS3 is nowhere close to having the same wide demographic today. The only thing for certain is that Nintendo fans will buy it. We'll have to wait and see who else does, and that would be shaped on games like this turning up or not.

VGChartz