By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo get Grand Theft Auto V?

Tagged games:

Chances of GTA V coming to the Wii U at the same time as PS3 and 360?

100% 93 33.33%

50% 108 38.71%

25% 77 27.60%

Total:278
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Roma said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
It's funny because GTA is probably one of the least mature titles there is.

Kids love guns, blood and sex

OT: it will easily be a success if they just released a 2D Mario on launch as well
I have no idea if it will come or not and I don’t know what percentage to give it but I hope it does. Not that I would buy it but my brother will for sure

Which is also why they buy games like CoD: Guns, blood and teabagging :P

Exactly

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Seece said:
Maybe, really seems pointless when it'll sell like COD though, 1m on WiiU, 10 on Sony/MS machines each ...

If it's a fairly easy port, wouldn't one million more than justify the effort?

The BuShA owns all!

Seece said:
Maybe, really seems pointless when it'll sell like COD though, 1m on WiiU, 10 on Sony/MS machines each ...

Well, if it's a weak port with Playstation 2 graphics and no effort behind it then yeah, it won't sell more than 1 million units.

Don't think so. Lego City Stories could be the Nintendo GTA.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

God I hope Nintendo gets GTAV!!! Not that I'm buying it, but it would really benefit the Wii U!

The question is if Rockstar wants it on the Wii U? Wii U doesn't have a user base, whatsoever, so the sales aren't guarented... Ppl might just as well buy it to PS360...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Why not?

AstroMaSSi rules

You forgot the 0,000000000001% probability (because the zero risk doesn't exist, I'm afraid). No seriously the question is : can you expect there will be any audience for GTAV on WiiU? Just to remind you that Crystal Dynamics excluded a WiiU Tomb Raider although Underworld was ported to Wii (because they thought there could be a market). This is not about power, it's about the audience you address to.

DanneSandin said:
God I hope Nintendo gets GTAV!!! Not that I'm buying it, but it would really benefit the Wii U!

The question is if Rockstar wants it on the Wii U? Wii U doesn't have a user base, whatsoever, so the sales aren't guarented... Ppl might just as well buy it to PS360...

Might??? They will. If you own a PS360 and or PC, your not spending hundreds of dollars just to play a game you could already play on your current system.

OT I think so, its not like a Ninty system never had a GTA GBA/DS. If i remember correctly the GC didnt get one because Ninty didnt want it or something.

Im curious though, why do people swear that PS360 owners will leave to go to Wii U?? that makes no sense. If you have one of those systems or even a PC. Who would spend hundreds of dollars to buy a system for games they can already buy on something they own?? Even if some of them do that, there is no assurance that they would even buy the Wii U version. Online, people have spent hours and money over the years on those services, especially xbox LIVE. Even if Ninty Network catches up to them in quality, they are still doing that, catching up. Millions of people are not just going to abandon services they spent so much time and money on. PS4/720, that will be a different story

ryuzaki57 said:
You forgot the 0,000000000001% probability (because the zero risk doesn't exist, I'm afraid). No seriously the question is : can you expect there will be any audience for GTAV on WiiU? Just to remind you that Crystal Dynamics excluded a WiiU Tomb Raider although Underworld was ported to Wii (because they thought there could be a market). This is not about power, it's about the audience you address to.

This is a very valid point! Take heed!

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
ryuzaki57 said:

This is a very valid point! Take heed!

Yup, there is not much of an audience for bad and watered down ports on Nintendo platforms. Although I do think that this topic is about an equal version of GTA V on the Wii U, so his post completely misses the point.

But I guess Wii U SHOULD be a place for watered down ports - just like the PS360! Except for graphics, the Wii suffered from a lack of 3rd party support, so to get GTAV would be a big boost for the Wii U. But it's like you said; it has to be equal to the other versions - or better