By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many MANLY MAN push ups can YOU do!!1?

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
TWRoO said:
spurgeonryan said:
I can still do 60 plus in 2 minutes. Without collapsing 100 plus. Just sit in the push up position, sag at the waste or bend upwards. That will let you rest a bit. Try changing arm positions and even turning your hands a bit to use different parts of your muscles. No bending at the knees.

Should be no reason that you can not milk it and get to 100. Just do not get stuck while going down or you will not get back up.

In 2 minutes?

See that's what i'm talking about, if you are going up and down that fast I don't count it as a push up, you should take 4-5 seconds for each (which is about half your speed)

And resting in the middle is also cheating, if you stop your rhythm and pull out of shape (that being straight as a plank neck to heel) then you have ended your string of push ups.

Lol! The military counted it. They have the official book on it. I used to be an instructor as well.

You just need to make sure that you go back to the plank position and do a proper push up.

You're right as a matter of fact, military push up rules is rather official.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Dug through a few Army Regulations to find that. Couldn't find off hand anything about resting positions. But I can promise that it is pretty much as I said.

I am old.

I actually know first hand because my cousin just joined the reserves and got me into all this push up nonsense LOL

I am still in a good shape, I usually do 200 (4 sets, 50 reps) every other day...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

In the military we sometimes did those push-ups where you clap your hands after pushing up. Those are a real pita.

Normal push-ups I can do 25-30 usually. But if I disregard my hurting arms I can do up to 40. I guess it's not bad seeing that I'm a bit overweight these days. :/

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Well if I can go as fast as I want I could double all my figures pretty easily... the effort involved is much more if you keep a slow steady rhythm.

And if you are allowed to rest in the middle of push ups (by pulling out of plank position) then hell I could probably triple what I said. I know I'm not very fit, but all that leeway seems like cheating to me.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
blkfish92 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Dug through a few Army Regulations to find that. Couldn't find off hand anything about resting positions. But I can promise that it is pretty much as I said.

I am old.

I actually know first hand because my cousin just joined the reserves and got me into all this push up nonsense LOL

Climbing endless ropes to nowhere, Dips and pull ups are the best though!

Ya it'll make you beefy!

@menx64 very good workout.

spurgeonryan said:

I am old.

I am in the Navy Reserve currently while having been active duty about two years back. It's true the military allows resting positions, but the wording of the title indicates that resting is not a manly man thing to do. In my opinion, the military fudges it up because there are a good number of people in service who are not able to do the required push-up count without it (mostly on the Navy/Air Force sides).

Using a few breaks in the 'up' position (and no bending whatsoever), I was able to crank out 60 before collapsing. I've been hitting the weights more than focusing on my push-up counts, so this isn't surprising or disappointing for me.

The BuShA owns all!

Do you mean how many from start to finish without stopping? or does that include resting in between?

menx64 said:

I am still in a good shape, I usually do 200 (4 sets, 50 reps) every other day...

Wow serious bad overtraining right there.

Edit : Im sorry im a douche and i read too fast :o Every other day not everyday... my bad

spurgeonryan said:
Argh_College said:
menx64 said:

Wow serious bad overtraining right there.

Edit : Im sorry im a douche and i read too fast :o Every other day not everyday... my bad

Every other day is not too bad. Gives the muscles a day to rest. Menx do you use creatine? Although I would recommend if you are trying to just stay in shape that work outs with your legs happen more than arm and abdominal work outs.  Legs can take more excersise.

i used to use Gold Protein shakes... prett damn good and work really well... Make sure you drink one when you wake up everyday and other after training days.

I read that bad, ofc everyother day is fine, i work out Mondays, wed and fridays... Well know im nothing working out at gym so i do push ups,abs, dips, pull ups...