By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many MANLY MAN push ups can YOU do!!1?

Tagged games:

blkfish92 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I can still do 60 plus in 2 minutes. Without collapsing 100 plus. Just sit in the push up position, sag at the waste or bend upwards. That will let you rest a bit. Try changing arm positions and even turning your hands a bit to use different parts of your muscles. No bending at the knees.

Should be no reason that you can not milk it and get to 100. Just do not get stuck while going down or you will not get back up.

Pfft you're making me look bad damn it! 60 in 2 min eh? I'll get there soon >.>

@scottie only 20 very sad face indeed!

@argh_college Think you're cool my abs are visible too! Can you do 100+ sit ups??!

Sit ups are abs ?? Dude i can do much more than that... im really beast doing abs.

do this instead : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWEmj3bJu_A

Around the Network

Most I've ever done was 22, back then (probably when I was 18/19 ish) I was lighter and fitter, but I was never really attempting to go for my best.

About a year ago after a long period of inactivity I tried to do as many as possible before my arms gave way, which was 11 *blush*... I'm still skinny (about 63-64kg / 10stone / 140lb) so it's not like I have to push much up, but I've never really had much upper body strength.

Bare in mind I am doing proper push ups by the way, I've seen other people do push ups before and it's easy to do a bad push up that makes it easier on the arms. Hell my sister showed me once and her legs hardly moved (ie instead of pivoting her body at the feet she was bending at the lower back)

But yeah, I should work out... hell I haven't done any since I tried a year ago, I would probably struggle to do 10.

Argh_College said:
blkfish92 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I can still do 60 plus in 2 minutes. Without collapsing 100 plus. Just sit in the push up position, sag at the waste or bend upwards. That will let you rest a bit. Try changing arm positions and even turning your hands a bit to use different parts of your muscles. No bending at the knees.

Should be no reason that you can not milk it and get to 100. Just do not get stuck while going down or you will not get back up.

@argh_college Think you're cool my abs are visible too! Can you do 100+ sit ups??!

Sit ups are abs ?? Dude i can do much more than that... im really beast doing abs.

do this instead : 

Safffttt, I do sit ups whilst doing chin ups...Well, I did 2.

I don't know how many but I beat Master Chief and he shot the Incredible Hulk in the face due to frustrations from my manliness. I wish I could have found out if I could have beaten the Hulk but now all that's left of him is his eyes powering my Xbox 360.

Argh_College said:
blkfish92 said:
spurgeonryan said:

do this instead : 

I do stuff like that when I workout my abs! Very good stuff in that vid they even included frog kicks! (inverted crunch) Favorited it for future reference. Still though I want to try managing 100 straight push ups.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Most I've ever done was 22, back then (probably when I was 18/19 ish) I was lighter and fitter, but I was never really attempting to go for my best.

About a year ago after a long period of inactivity I tried to do as many as possible before my arms gave way, which was 11 *blush*... I'm still skinny (about 63-64kg / 10stone / 140lb) so it's not like I have to push much up, but I've never really had much upper body strength.

Bare in mind I am doing proper push ups by the way, I've seen other people do push ups before and it's easy to do a bad push up that makes it easier on the arms. Hell my sister showed me once and her legs hardly moved (ie instead of pivoting her body at the feet she was bending at the lower back)

But yeah, I should work out... hell I haven't done any since I tried a year ago, I would probably struggle to do 10.

Hmm that's not many I must say, why so few? Proper push ups are the way to go! If you don't do proper push ups then you won't get the best workout.

spurgeonryan said:

In 2 minutes?

See that's what i'm talking about, if you are going up and down that fast I don't count it as a push up, you should take 4-5 seconds for each (which is about half your speed)

And resting in the middle is also cheating, if you stop your rhythm and pull out of shape (that being straight as a plank neck to heel) then you have ended your string of push ups.

I can do around 50, sometimes abit more, sometimes abit less depending on how I feel.

I used to be able to do between 80 and 120 back in the days :(

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

blkfish92 said:
Argh_College said:
blkfish92 said:
spurgeonryan said:

do this instead : 

I do stuff like that when I workout my abs! Very good stuff in that vid they even included frog kicks! (inverted crunch) Favorited it for future reference. Still though I want to try managing 100 straight push ups.

Go to Gym and enjoy your body skyrocketing muscle wise :)

blkfish92 said:
TWRoO said:

Hmm that's not many I must say, why so few? Proper push ups are the way to go! If you don't do proper push ups then you won't get the best workout.

Yeah I know, but I am the direct opposite of a fitness junkie. Back then when I did those 22 I reckon if i'd pushed myself to the limit I could have gone over 30. But again I am lightweight (in fact I was about 1 stone lighter then, or about 125lb) so I don't have much to push up.