By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many MANLY MAN push ups can YOU do!!1?

Tagged games:

56 and I stopped. Could have done more but no way would I get to 100. So no point continuing after 56 since I wanna use my arms tomorrow.

Not bad since I haven't done a pushup in about a year haha.

Around the Network
shuraiya said:
Do you mean how many from start to finish without stopping? or does that include resting in between?

Straight, in one go.

@spurgeonryan isn't creatine for more bulk? Or is it for getting ripped?

@Vertigo-X I agree the resting push up postion isn't manly, but it is allowed, so if you must rest you must rest simple as that I suppose.

I just checked, and currently, the best I can do is 69.

25ish, though I could do 50 once. I'm completely out of training.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I just did 20 right now :)

I'm not sure exactly how far down you have to go for it to count, just to be sure/fair I made sure my chin touched the carpet every time.

Around the Network

I lost a friendly bet a couple months back and had to do 30. I won't lie, I was starting to struggle a bit at the end. I probably could have pumped out another 5 if I tried.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Back in the day.. my H-core martial arts days.. I would do a few hundred every class for warm up followed by a few hundred crunches. But now I'd be lucky if I could pull off 50 on a good day.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I can do 50 in one set (my first set) and I typically can do 20 in my second. So in five minutes I can bust out 70-75 pushups. But I workout a lot so that's average for me.

spurgeonryan said:
Argh_College said:
menx64 said:

I am still in a good shape, I usually do 200 (4 sets, 50 reps) every other day...

Wow serious bad overtraining right there.

Edit : Im sorry im a douche and i read too fast :o Every other day not everyday... my bad

Every other day is not too bad. Gives the muscles a day to rest. Menx do you use creatine? Although I would recommend if you are trying to just stay in shape that work outs with your legs happen more than arm and abdominal work outs.  Legs can take more excersise.

No, I dont use creatine. The guy at the gym mentioned once but I dont really need it I guess. I am just trying to to stay in shape, I am not very tall (5.6f) so I dont want to overtraing at all. I was very busy at work for the last few months that I gained a little bit of weight. I am not working at the moment so I decided to go back to the gym and do some exercise. Thx for the advice BTW & yes I am working legs and abdomen as well.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I haven't worked out since I was 15 (I'm 20 now)...so I'm happy with my 20 pushups to match my age (probably could have squeezed out a few more).