By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK online game stores?

Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:
Bristow9091 said:
It's Amazon exclusive sadly...

Oh.

I hate Amazon cos it's so confusing. There's like one main price and then "5 used from £xx" and "7 new from £xx". Doesn't make any sense.

Well yeah, they list the cheapest price as the main one, and everyone else who is offering the game on Amazon. (at a higher price) .. i was a bit annoyed by it at first, too, but i've grown to love how it works. But really, if you want a fair price, just browse the game u want in every of those sites until you find a good offer, u dont even have to register for some, they'll simply send the item to ya'r paypal adress. (my last purchase was Zavvi, Alice and Dungeon Siege both PS3 for 17,99 combined, shipping excluded. ^_^)

Well I love amazon personally - if you spend more than 25 pounds you get free registered delivery to Poland and it arrives after 3-4 work days.

thehut is usually cheaper but it takes 7 to 30 days for games to arrive since they are sent by non registered air mail

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Yeah I recommended you The Hut, Play.com and Game.co.uk

Once more the advantages and disadvantages (for importing):

Play.com - Free shipping (at least to Germany and other EU states), can only pay in € (therefore not as cheap)
TheHut.com - cheap prices, can pay in £ (saves you money cause it uses a more expensive exchange rate), now with PayPal support (dunno since when) - no need for credit card. £0.99 shipping per item
Amazon.co.uk - looks cheap but you need to pay double VAT, payable in £ ,shipping costs (dunno how much), faster delivery
Game.co.uk - cheap prices, payable in £, shipping costs £3,49 (as far as I can remember correctly) per order

I thought this thread was locked at one point.

ShopTo and GAME are by far the most reliable, and I would say ShopTo is faster and slightly cheaper. Zavvi is usually cheapest, but its delivery isn't great.

Usually, if I'm buying a game, I look here: http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/

It gives prices for most of the main stores.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
ShopTo and GAME are by far the most reliable, and I would say ShopTo is faster and slightly cheaper. Zavvi is usually cheapest, but its delivery isn't great.

Usually, if I'm buying a game, I look here: http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/

It gives prices for most of the main stores.

Problem is that for importing games, ShopTo isn't really that cheap because they want £3 per item !

I remember I once put 8 games in my shopping cart that I didn't really need, but were cheap (about £8 each), but then I saw that I had to pay £24 for delivery. After seeing that I cancelled everything.