By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which should I play first?

Tagged games:

Which first?

Final Fantasy XIII 22 45.83%

3D Dot Game Heroes 25 52.08%

Total:47

FFXIII for sure, 3d dot is good but given your limited time and the fact XIII-2 is due so soon I'd go with that.

As for Skyrim. I too heavily disliked Oblivion (it is my 2nd worst game ever imo) but played skyrim (ps3 mind you) because it was an xmas gift. I find it 'slightly' better (when it ran) but it had all the same problems imo (its my 3rd least favourite game ever, personal opinion & experience here). Be warned, despite the hype, its a largely similar game, just brighter & less sparse (both good points but all the other old problems are still there).

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

Around the Network
2000cc said:
FFXIII for sure, 3d dot is good but given your limited time and the fact XIII-2 is due so soon I'd go with that.

As for Skyrim. I too heavily disliked Oblivion (it is my 2nd worst game ever imo) but played skyrim (ps3 mind you) because it was an xmas gift. I find it 'slightly' better (when it ran) but it had all the same problems imo (its my 3rd least favourite game ever, personal opinion & experience here). Be warned, despite the hype, its a largely similar game, just brighter & less sparse (both good points but all the other old problems are still there).

FFXIII-2 is out already (here in Japan). :P

And thanks for everybody's opinion on Oblivion/Skyrim.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Hmm I dunno, "RGP" is a pretty strange genre, don't know any RGPs.

If you want the best graphix go and play FFXIII and enjoy it.

Choose something else.

AstroMaSSi rules

Around the Network
AstroMaSSi said:
Choose something else.

You say both are not worth playing? O.O?

manuel said:
AstroMaSSi said:
Choose something else.

You say both are not worth playing? O.O?

Not top of the list IMHO... In this gen. I prefer experiences like Skyrim, Dragon Age, Witcher. Regarding FF, between FF XIII and the disasters of Chrystal Chronicles spin-off on other platforms I feel FF is a destroyed brand. Smoke in our eyes.

AstroMaSSi rules

manuel said:
Yay, nice, isn't it!
So you say FFXIII is easy? That's an other plus. :P
In this day and age I sometimes prefer games that aren't super hard to beat. For the ultra hard stuff I have my 8bit and 16bit games. ;)

No it's fucking not, I found it pretty hard.

3 of my friends love the game but haven't completed it because they are stuck at a boss battle. I found the game to be ridiculously hard at some points. Battles can usually be won if you use defensive paradigms and pay attention to the boss's attack patterns, but you will still probably end up dying 10 times on a few boss battles.

Anyway, I reccommend Final Fantasy XIII, but only if linearity doesn't bother you. If you liked Final Fantasy X, you should like Final Fantasy XIII.

I don't mind linearity very much, as I grew up with many linear RPGs.

The final fantasy CGI scenes look fantastic in 1080p