By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which should I play first?

Tagged games:

Which first?

Final Fantasy XIII 22 45.83%

3D Dot Game Heroes 25 52.08%

Total:47
brendude13 said:
manuel said:
Yay, nice, isn't it!
So you say FFXIII is easy? That's an other plus. :P
In this day and age I sometimes prefer games that aren't super hard to beat. For the ultra hard stuff I have my 8bit and 16bit games. ;)

No it's fucking not, I found it pretty hard.

3 of my friends love the game but haven't completed it because they are stuck at a boss battle. I found the game to be ridiculously hard at some points. Battles can usually be won if you use defensive paradigms and pay attention to the boss's attack patterns, but you will still probably end up dying 10 times on a few boss battles.

Anyway, I reccommend Final Fantasy XIII, but only if linearity doesn't bother you. If you liked Final Fantasy X, you should like Final Fantasy XIII.

True Manuel. You have to be careful on the boss battles they can be very annoying. I've died at least 15 times on one of them. 

That is the only thing that is hard though.

Around the Network

Play FFXIII first, since honestly I think you'll enjoy it the least out of the two options. I took a 2 year break from it and am currently playing through it now to finally finish it. It's a chore.

On Skyrim, if you're like me, you fell for the hype of Oblivion, played it, hated it, and returned it. Don't let that sour you on Skyrim. Oblivion suffered from hideous graphics (Console versions), glitches, and a piss-poor fighting system. From what I've seen from watching my brother play Skyrim, it fixes two out of those three faults. I plan on getting an Ultimate/GOTY edition whenever it comes out, so you might wanna do the same.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

play 13 then 3d dots, if you like zelda grab darksiders

I've gone with the majority's vote and started FF13 late at night yesterday.
Graphics are impressive, but I'm not sure yet about the battle system. I hope it get a bit more diverse later on. (There's no magic? Or do they learn that later?)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
Graphics are impressive, but I'm not sure yet about the battle system. I hope it get a bit more diverse later on. (There's no magic? Or do they learn that later?)

Things get added to the battle system the further you get in the game, by the halfway point you should have every ability unlocked and it's fairly complex.

As for telling you about magic, that would be a spoiler.

Around the Network
manuel said:

There is Magic later on once you level up.

Thanks guys.

So there's something I can look forward to!

manuel said:

Thanks guys.

So there's something I can look forward to!

There are several things you can look forward to in that game. ^_^

I sure hope so.
BTW, in the start there's only a limited number of enemies. Will that become different later on? In RPGs I usually love to go around and "level grind" a bit (which also is a nice way to get used to the battle system more).

manuel said:
I sure hope so.
BTW, in the start there's only a limited number of enemies. Will that become different later on? In RPGs I usually love to go around and "level grind" a bit (which also is a nice way to get used to the battle system more).

I've noticed there aren't a lot of enemys throughout the game. There are more later on just not a lot.