By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which should I play first?

Tagged games:

Which first?

Final Fantasy XIII 22 45.83%

3D Dot Game Heroes 25 52.08%

Total:47
SvennoJ said:
Sounds like you want to be impressed by 1080p graphics on your monitor, go for ff13 first.
Then trade it in for demon's or dark souls. It's probably best to play 3d dot game heroes in between, going from ff13 to a souls game might be a shock. (Not entirely true, ff13 has some challenges in the optional missions, Adamantoise and Ochu spring to mind)

It seems you looked right through me. :P

Although I'm not a guy who thinks graphics are all that important, I do love me some eye candy. (And I don't hate hard games, as long as it's a "fair" kind of hard if you know what I mean.)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
manuel said:
I wasn't too fond of Oblivion, which I bought because of the hype... Would you still recommend Skyrim after I told you that? (Because I must say the hype still is getting to me...)
But for now I'd rather concentrate on the games I already have at hand.

it depends on why you didn't like oblivion. I know a few people who hated oblivion but enjoyed skyrim. If there are certain issues with oblivion you didn't like, skyrim fixed quite a few, but if you just don't like the core idea of open world wrpgs, skyrim won't change your mind.

Anyway for the two games you listed I would say Final Fantasy XIII as well. As someone else said you are playing your ps3 to take advantage of your new awsome monitor. 3d dot hero really won't look that impressive no matter what while xiii is a visually stunning game.

I like the basic idea of open world games.
But when I started to play Oblivion I tried to do everything perfectly and I feared I might miss something if I went on too fast/far. I guess then problem was not with the game, but with me. There was so much to do that I didn't know where to start. :P

Also thanks for your input. It's appreciated. :)

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
manuel said:
I wasn't too fond of Oblivion, which I bought because of the hype... Would you still recommend Skyrim after I told you that? (Because I must say the hype still is getting to me...)

if you didnt like oblivion, you wont like skyrim.

Hmm, I didn't think oblivion was great, but I loved Skyrim. 

luvtospooge said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
manuel said:

What makes that difference in your opinion?

Around the Network
manuel said:
luvtospooge said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
manuel said:

Skyrim and Oblivion are very alike yet very diffrent, it would be much easier to tell if you would like Skyrim if you played Morrowind since those two are much more alike. Really it depends what you didn't like in Oblivion to tell if your going to like Skyrim.

Former something....

manuel said:
luvtospooge said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
manuel said:

Hmm, the graphics, scenery( at night,especially), atmosphere and gameplay elements ( Dual wielding swords and magic) made the difference for me. Fighting enemies were also a lot of fun and exciting, and the music fit really well.

At last but not least, motherfuckin' DRAGOOONNSSS.

Maybe I should just give Oblivion another try. My life was very hectic when I played it for the first (short) time and that might have been one reason that I didn't play it more. (Plus I was upset, because I stole something in a shop by pressing the wrong button and I don't like being captured by guards/police. :P After that incident I stopped playing if I remember right...)

luvtospooge said:
manuel said:
luvtospooge said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
manuel said:

Hmm, the graphics, scenery( at night,especially), atmosphere and gameplay elements ( Dual wielding swords and magic) made the difference for me. Fighting enemies were also a lot of fun and exciting, and the music fit really well.

At last but not least, motherfuckin' DRAGOOONNSSS.

I like Dragons. :)

Maybe there will be a nice cheap GOTY edition. :D

manuel said:
SvennoJ said:
Sounds like you want to be impressed by 1080p graphics on your monitor, go for ff13 first.
Then trade it in for demon's or dark souls. It's probably best to play 3d dot game heroes in between, going from ff13 to a souls game might be a shock. (Not entirely true, ff13 has some challenges in the optional missions, Adamantoise and Ochu spring to mind)

It seems you looked right through me. :P

Although I'm not a guy who thinks graphics are all that important, I do love me some eye candy. (And I don't hate hard games, as long as it's a "fair" kind of hard if you know what I mean.)

Graphics has its place too, 2012, although very mediocre as a movie, sure has some destruction eye candy in HD.

Dark souls is 'mostly' fair. It has it's cheap shots now and then if you don't know what's coming. Once you get to know the game you won't be falling for it's traps so easily anymore.
In the end I prefer it over something like Skyrim not simply because of the difficulty. Since it forces you to replay sections you really start to know the intricate level detail. I can mentally walk through the whole game in my head, yet can hardly remember any details of all the countless dungeons in Skyrim, and have played both for about the same time.
Don't worry too much about replaying sections, you always feel like you are getting stronger and more efficient. Not everything resets after death, and you get to keep everything you picked up. Hurrah for the suicide run :)