By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which should I play first?

Tagged games:

Which first?

Final Fantasy XIII 22 45.83%

3D Dot Game Heroes 25 52.08%

Total:47
manuel said:
2000cc said:
FFXIII for sure, 3d dot is good but given your limited time and the fact XIII-2 is due so soon I'd go with that.

As for Skyrim. I too heavily disliked Oblivion (it is my 2nd worst game ever imo) but played skyrim (ps3 mind you) because it was an xmas gift. I find it 'slightly' better (when it ran) but it had all the same problems imo (its my 3rd least favourite game ever, personal opinion & experience here). Be warned, despite the hype, its a largely similar game, just brighter & less sparse (both good points but all the other old problems are still there).

FFXIII-2 is out already (here in Japan). :P

And thanks for everybody's opinion on Oblivion/Skyrim.

Yeah I've already sunk over 150 hours into XIII-2 (it pays to speak Japanese when you have my tastes in gaming, haha, though my tastes in gaming somewhat came from Japan (I lived there for a while too) so go figure) & I highly recommend that as your next game, before 3D dot game heroes again.

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

Around the Network
2000cc said:
manuel said:
2000cc said:
FFXIII for sure, 3d dot is good but given your limited time and the fact XIII-2 is due so soon I'd go with that.

As for Skyrim. I too heavily disliked Oblivion (it is my 2nd worst game ever imo) but played skyrim (ps3 mind you) because it was an xmas gift. I find it 'slightly' better (when it ran) but it had all the same problems imo (its my 3rd least favourite game ever, personal opinion & experience here). Be warned, despite the hype, its a largely similar game, just brighter & less sparse (both good points but all the other old problems are still there).

Yeah I've already sunk over 150 hours into XIII-2 (it pays to speak Japanese when you have my tastes in gaming, haha, though my tastes in gaming somewhat came from Japan (I lived there for a while too) so go figure) & I highly recommend that as your next game, before 3D dot game heroes again.

I'm jealous!
If I was to play a game 150 hours that would take half a year! O.O

If I end up liking FF13 I'll definitely look into 13-2 also.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
2000cc said:
manuel said:
2000cc said:

I'm jealous!

Your so lucky you can read and speak Japanese! :O

NintendoPie said:
manuel said:
I sure hope so.
BTW, in the start there's only a limited number of enemies. Will that become different later on? In RPGs I usually love to go around and "level grind" a bit (which also is a nice way to get used to the battle system more).

I've noticed there aren't a lot of enemys throughout the game. There are more later on just not a lot.

Hm...

:((

manuel said:
NintendoPie said:
manuel said:
I sure hope so.
BTW, in the start there's only a limited number of enemies. Will that become different later on? In RPGs I usually love to go around and "level grind" a bit (which also is a nice way to get used to the battle system more).

I've noticed there aren't a lot of enemys throughout the game. There are more later on just not a lot.

Hm...

:((

Yeah it is kind of sad. Some of the normal battles seem to go on forever though. It can get a little long.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
manuel said:
2000cc said:

I'm jealous!

Yeah. :)

And it's not even that difficult as a lot of people seem to believe.

You just shouldn't learn it only to be able to play games. It's a great motivation, but it shouldn't be the main reason (in my opinion).

manuel said:
NintendoPie said:
manuel said:
2000cc said:

I'm jealous!

Yeah. :)

And it's not even that difficult as a lot of people seem to believe.

You just shouldn't learn it only to be able to play games. It's a great motivation, but it shouldn't be the main reason (in my opinion).

I've been wanting to learn Japanese my whole life. I want to learn it because I love the people, culture, places, entertainment...... the WHOLE country!

If you have the possibility to learn it (maybe there's a class at your school or later on at college), do it.
And travel to Japan if you have a chance. So you can see first hand if you really like it or not so much after all. (I know several people who weren't so fascinated any more after living here for a few months...)

manuel said:
If you have the possibility to learn it (maybe there's a class at your school or later on at college), do it.
And travel to Japan if you have a chance. So you can see first hand if you really like it or not so much after all. (I know several people who weren't so fascinated any more after living here for a few months...)

Trust me. I would like it much more than this piece of crap town! ;D

I see it you don't like your home town.
Haha, same with me. The village where I grew up is pretty crappy. The landscape is nice, but apart from that... nothing.
Here in Japan I also live in the middle of nowhere, but at least here are game shops!