By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - iPhone 4 vs. Playstation Vita Comparison

Rath said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
for those who are saying that iPhone winning the games comparison is a joke, remember that there are some great games on the iOS store, like Game Dev. Story, and other great remakes like GTA3 and Chrono Trigger, for me, they are better than Wipeout and Uncharted

A very few properly good originals and a couple of decent ports. The iOS game lineup (as well as the Android Market) would be laughed at on any dedicated gaming platform.

Lucky for Apple the iPhone isn't a dedicated gaming platform so they don't need to be hugely concerned that they can't offer the same quality of a gaming library as dedicated systems.

This - "because the current gaming ecosystem on iOS far surpasses any other gaming machine, dedicated or not." is, in my opinion, a load of bollocks.

I'm trying to defend the opinion of the writer here, and I prefer GTA3 to Uncharted, I am aware though, that once the Vita's been out more 6 months, it'll probably have a better library than iOS and definitely by the time christmas comes round, but until then, I still think iOS is slightly better

Around the Network

oh i c
but i wont give a toss about such meaningless comparison...
here cames the phone function,and the winner is iphone!
iphone can be used as flashlight,PSV cant...so iphone wins again...

Stupid results, I can have a ton of games for i-phone, but, clearly speaking, 99,9% is s**t. Pure s**t. I like my i-phone, I play some games, but no way I can prefer it as a game machine, starting from the fact I have only the touch pad instead of slide pads etc.

AstroMaSSi rules

well, iphone is mostly flash-style games or old ports WITHOUT BUTTONS

for me the only worthy game on iphone is Infinity Blade, Soul Calibur and maybe another 1-2 games here and there

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

So which button on the Vita lets me call my Mommy to pick me up from the star trek convention?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
So which button on the Vita lets me call my Mommy to pick me up from the star trek convention?

The one with the Skype logo

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

The handheld gaming market gets more occluded with the smartphone market every day, and tbh even if the iPhone wasn't even a phoning device, I would still choose it over the ps vita as a gaming device alone. The sheer quantity and quality of fun, addictive games on the app store is vast, and seriously, who has time to play proper games like Uncharted on the go anyway, that's what consoles are for. The vita will definitely struggle to find relevance in todays market, that's for sure.

man-bear-pig said:
The handheld gaming market gets more occluded with the smartphone market every day, and tbh even if the iPhone wasn't even a phoning device, I would still choose it over the ps vita as a gaming device alone. The sheer quantity and quality of fun, addictive games on the app store is vast, and seriously, who has time to play proper games like Uncharted on the go anyway, that's what consoles are for. The vita will definitely struggle to find relevance in todays market, that's for sure.

Good luck playing xbox in train ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

.............. http://techland.time.com/2012/01/13/asus-memo-370t-the-7-inch-quad-core-250-dream-tablet/

TeddostheFireKing said:
Rath said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
for those who are saying that iPhone winning the games comparison is a joke, remember that there are some great games on the iOS store, like Game Dev. Story, and other great remakes like GTA3 and Chrono Trigger, for me, they are better than Wipeout and Uncharted

A very few properly good originals and a couple of decent ports. The iOS game lineup (as well as the Android Market) would be laughed at on any dedicated gaming platform.

Lucky for Apple the iPhone isn't a dedicated gaming platform so they don't need to be hugely concerned that they can't offer the same quality of a gaming library as dedicated systems.

This - "because the current gaming ecosystem on iOS far surpasses any other gaming machine, dedicated or not." is, in my opinion, a load of bollocks.

I'm trying to defend the opinion of the writer here, and I prefer GTA3 to Uncharted, I am aware though, that once the Vita's been out more 6 months, it'll probably have a better library than iOS and definitely by the time christmas comes round, but until then, I still think iOS is slightly better

Vita has Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories, both of which are better than 3. Plus Uncharted. Which makes the opinion of the writer  indeed a load of bollocks.