By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: No used Games on Next Xbox

I see no problem with that.

Around the Network

So they are basically switching to the PC model where new games require activation on Steam or something. Unlike PC, I have the feeling that price ranges for these games will not be the same as the average PC new release 40-50 dollars but rather the console standard 60 dollars or even higher.

I made a decision awhile back when people first started talking about digitial download only as an inevitability to just stop buying new and collect old games relased before the switch ... you know those old games that you can actually own and play without requiring a constant Internet access, authorization codes, and EA spying on every file in your computer.

If this rumor is true then this is just the last step before a full conversion to digitial only, and if things go full digital then I will either buy much less (I refuse to pay more than 10 dollars for a digital "game") or find a new hobby.

I guess I don't understand the point of owning a physical copy of a game that can only ever work on one system. Isn't that basically just digitial download but with a useless disc attached to it? Maybe that is how they will sell the next system after the xbox 720 ... tired of owning those game discs that are worthless after activation? then try digitial download!

I hope not. I buy a lot of my games used.

Thats just outright stupid, its bad enough we have SOPA but now they're targeting used games? Its just another way to control how we spend our own money. MS could potentialy bomb if this were to be true. Taking away the option which by no means is pirating, of reselling a game (which the developer already made money off of) to another seller is going to be catastrophic to companies like gamefly, and potentialy netflix since they're planning to provide a rental service much like gamefly.

IGN is just reporting on Kotakus rumor and speculation. Nothing new here.

Around the Network

I buy a lot of games with the mindset "if I don't like it, I'll just resell it: . I won't be buying any game I'm not 100% sure of if this really happens.

It's pretty painful to see how seeminly everyone in the gaming industry is extremely dumb and has zero business sense.

I think this rumor was sent out to weed out the moles. It seems a little ridiculous.

i think i will pass next gen and stick to my pc.

Red4ADevil said:
Thats just outright stupid, its bad enough we have SOPA but now they're targeting used games? Its just another way to control how we spend our own money. MS could potentialy bomb if this were to be true. Taking away the option which by no means is pirating, of reselling a game (which the developer already made money off of) to another seller is going to be catastrophic to companies like gamefly, and potentialy netflix since they're planning to provide a rental service much like gamefly.

that's funny once cliff bleszinski was bitching about the used games market beucse not everyone is buying the game new blablabla. then i asked him what he will do with his lamborghini (yes he is earning so less money because of the used market that he only drives a lambo) when he will buy a new one. i don't think he will destroy the car and if he will sell it to someone the guy buying the used lambo won't buy a new car anymore.

i asked him why the hell he can sell whatever he wants if he doesn't like it anymore bitching about other people doing the same with his game but yeah i got no asnwer^^

Guess what next gen system I'm not buying if true.

Pixel Art can be fun.