By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: No used Games on Next Xbox

angrypoolman said:
HappySqurriel said:
If Microsoft did that I wouldn't buy their system on principle alone ...

there is no way in hell i am going to buy their system. can you believe what they are trying to pull? i always knew they were no good for the industry, they dont do anything but leech. in a way, i am glad they are doing this.

for me, its going to be no problem, because i am just going to stick with nintendo, so i am not going to have to deal with any of this crap. but for anyone else.. boy, are they going to have to learn the hard way. lol.

with any luck, this will put microsoft out of the industry for good. this is just plain evil.

Not sure if serious.

This a rumour, generated by a site that seems to do that a lot lately and has been pretty inconsistent in their next-gen rumours.

I suggest to be more subtle next time, because you really are showing your true colours with that post, again, based a stupid rumour.

I shake my head in disbelief at how ridiculously silly that post was.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
TheSwordUser said:
The only thing I can imagine "working", would pe pure digital distribution. No way to get games used that way.
Not to mention lack of option to sell the game after you're done with it (maybe at least they'll do rentals then, like OnLive does).

A near field comminication chip (like tap and pay in credit cards) imbedded in the discs could allow game discs to be linked to a particular console. I personally would not support such a system if there are less restrictive options.

StiC

And thus Microsoft joins Sony, Sega, Atari and Nintendo in the hall of companies who sabotaged themselves after a successful generation.

Supposing it's true of course.

HappySqurriel said:

Here here.  Same with Sony or Nintendo.  If the industry goes this way it will lose countless life-long customers, me included.

maximus22 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Here here.  Same with Sony or Nintendo.  If the industry goes this way it will lose countless life-long customers, me included.

If the industry goes this way I would be rooting for a crash. Something would be needed to knock these people off their high horses.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

This rumor is absurd.

What´s up with the big number of rumors for something that´ll apparently only be available in ~2 years?

Very odd rumour, doubt it's true as it would annoy many customers.

Personally I don't buy used games, but I still like to share my games with my buddies from time to time.

i very rarely buy used games so this wont bother me if i one day even buy the next box which i don't think i will

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
i very rarely buy used games so this wont bother me if i one day even buy the next box which i don't think i will

do you sell your used games? then this would hit you. like i said yesterday it wouldn't hit me much as well because i buy all my games new and rarely sell my used games which is stupid but i don't most times. that's why i have like 70 xbox 360 games here in my house lol!!! i could have sold most games for 25-40€ after playing them. i shouldn't think about the sums haha

but it know i'm really an exception and the time will come i will sell my 360 and at least then i will earn a little bit for my 70 games.

And how long did it take to hack the 360?
Yeah, exactly.