By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GamrConnect 3DS Recommendation Thread

While waiting for M&L4 and new Zelda blindly bought a copy of Heroes of Ruin few days ago to fill-in the game drought. Well, it's dull, repetetive, copy-n-paste levels, horrible models on close-ups (thankfully no that many of them), set in uninspiring fantasy world, story that will hardly make anyone care about it, linear progression (both you char and levels), worst of all -- it's easy. Other than that I like :D

Recommended for everyone who likes Diablo 3 and generally this type of games, it fits portable style and given there're not that many offeerings of this type -- give it a try. There're some online features as well btw, didn't check.

Around the Network

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Update Time!

• Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Platform) added!
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Simulation) added!*
  • Mighty Switch Force! 2 (eShop Platform) added!
  • The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Wave (eShop RPG/Action RPG) added!
  • Kokuga (eShop Shooter/Flight) added!
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger removed.

*Why aren't you playing this game yet?!

Smeags said:

Update Time!

• Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Platform) added!
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Simulation) added!*
  • Mighty Switch Force! 2 (eShop Platform) added!
  • The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Wave (eShop RPG/Action RPG) added!
  • Kokuga (eShop Shooter/Flight) added!
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger removed.

*Why aren't you playing this game yet?!

* Should I?

Anyways Project X-Zone is a tacical RPG that can be added. Lots coming as well these 2 months! ^.^

kopstudent89 said:

* Should I?

Anyways Project X-Zone is a tacical RPG that can be added. Lots coming as well these 2 months! ^.^

You definitely should.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the best Animal Crossing in the entire series.

Around the Network

I need some some must-have game suggestions.

So far I have Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Paper Mario SS, Ridge Racer 3D. 

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game, but Dream Drop Distance has me a tiny bit curious. 

I'm not a fan of strategy games. I like mostly adventure and action games. 

I'll consider RPGs, but those tend to take a long time (a luxury I don't have)

I played AC: Wild World on Wii... long story short I don't think those games are my style.

Sorry for being so picky ;)

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:

I need some some must-have game suggestions.

So far I have Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Paper Mario SS, Ridge Racer 3D. 

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game, but Dream Drop Distance has me a tiny bit curious. 

I'm not a fan of strategy games. I like mostly adventure and action games. 

I'll consider RPGs, but those tend to take a long time (a luxury I don't have)

I played AC: Wild World on Wii... long story short I don't think those games are my style.

Sorry for being so picky ;)

Well let's see here. Resident Evil: Revelations, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - The Mirror of Fate, and Luigi's Mansion are all great Action-Adventure games that I highly recommend. Revelations focuses more on survival and shooting elements (the demo is on the eShop), Mirror of Fate uses hack 'n slash gameplay elements with its Metroid-vania esque level design (demo also on the eShop), and Luigi's Mansion is a pretty intellectual game with its ghost battles and enviornmental puzzles. Ocarina of Time 3D is also highly recommended, especially if you haven't played the original. And even if you have, the updated graphics and controls really enhance the experience.

Cave Story 3D (on the eShop) is a great action game in the same vein of Metroid and Castlevania. Relatively cheap as well for the amount of content it offers.

I know you said you're really not into Strategey games, but give the Fire Emblem: Awakening demo a shot. One of the best games on the 3DS.

And Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is a different sort of RPG. Heavy focuses on exploration and platforming, and battles are (despite being turn based) really involving and constantly change things up to keep things fresh.

Speaking of which...

• Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (RPG/Action RPG) added!
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV (RPG/Action RPG) added!
  • Photobucket sucks man.

Somebody's popular.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
Somebody's popular.

Psh, if only.

Some "Why You Should Buy a 3DS" thread popped up a couple of days ago and reached crazy levels of discussion. Meanwhile, this ol' thread looked on from the outside, in the cold harsh winter. ;__;

Smeags said:
Salnax said:
Somebody's popular.

Psh, if only.

Some "Why You Should Buy a 3DS" thread popped up a couple of days ago and reached crazy levels of discussion. Meanwhile, this ol' thread looked on from the outside, in the cold harsh winter. ;__;

I was referring to the images, or rather the lack thereof.

Love and tolerate.