By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The VGChartz Ranking Game -- Uncharted 3 -- Results!

Tagged games:

Uncharted 3 is...

the best game EVER! 30 17.75%

the best game of 2011! 40 23.67%

the best PS3 game of 2011! 20 11.83%

the best PS3 exclusive of 2011! 19 11.24%

a great game! 13 7.69%

a good game.. 11 6.51%

worth a rental..? 5 2.96%

a game with some hard flaws to overlook. 12 7.10%

a bad game! 16 9.47%

a deception! 3 1.78%

Total:169

Just beat it today! :P

9/10 - Pretty strong game, but the game felt rushed towards the end and doesn't seem better than Uncharted 2.

Around the Network

I'd give this game a 9.2

It's still a knockout game like its predecessors but it failed to match the perfect pacing of Uncharted 2. It started way too slow and forced the sub-par hand-to-hand combat on us on too many occasions. There's incredible set pieces to be found (my favorite being the sinking ship) and the core gameplay is just as thrilling as it ever was. While the story wasn't as interesting as UC2, it is still pretty darn good. It's kinda too bad the final boss fight sucked big time.

So in short, great Uncharted gameplay I loved with a few misteps that keep it from reaching the heights of Uncharted 2.

Signature goes here!

Solid 8.5 out of 10. It did a lot of things very well. I guess it's the stuff it did well that made the crazy and unpolished stuff stand out like a sore thumb. I don't regret the purchase (and I would LOVE to get my copy back from my co-worker) but it didn't blow me away like I'd hoped.

The flashback stage was simply amazing. In fact, the first few stages set the bar exceptionally high. The story just fell flat (as did the villains) and Nathan Drake, to me, still never gave a good enough reason to justify the adventure. The final stage was just one big blast of nothing, too. Felt like ND didn't have enough time to finish this game before Christmas so they just cut a lot of stuff out. Hopefully some questions will be answered in the inevitable sequel.

Had I played it I would give this in the 6-9 range.

10/10

No game made me appreciate its plot like UC3 did. Nathans inner struggle for greatness is the best adventure in gaming as of now for me.

Like Greg Miller from IGN said: "its the reason I play video games."

And I completely agree with GameTrailers (most notably the chief editor Shane satterfield) and Gamereactor (also mostly the chief editor Petter hagevall) that UC3 is the most intruiging and over the top experience like no game before it. They claim UC2 didnt have as much appeal due to it never really developing the characters the way UC3 does. That alone added a whole new dimension I did not expect. I was satisfied with UC2 and expected another hunt for treasure with Ubar instead of Shambala. But the way the plot was presented with subtle change of direction: I realized that UC3 just reached my heart and removed MGS4 from the pedastole. Add the amazing chemistry of the actors/characters with superb dialouge, acting, graphics, middle-eastern themed soundtrack and refined gameplay most notably the amazing melee system thats made me replay the game several times:

16 playthroughs later: Uncharted 3 is my favorite video game. 92 awards and counting!
EDIT: And thats without mentioning the amazing MP and Co Op which serves as my favo on the PS3 right ahead of Killzone 2!

Around the Network
Aldro said:
10/10

No game made me appreciate its plot like UC3 did. Nathans inner struggle for greatness is the best adventure in gaming as of now for me.

Like Greg Miller from IGN said: "its the reason I play video games."

And I completely agree with GameTrailers (most notably the chief editor Shane satterfield) and Gamereactor (also mostly the chief editor Petter hagevall) that UC3 is the most intruiging and over the top experience like no game before it. They claim UC2 didnt have as much appeal due to it never really developing the characters the way UC3 does. That alone added a whole new dimension I did not expect. I was satisfied with UC2 and expected another hunt for treasure with Ubar instead of Shambala. But the way the plot was presented with subtle change of direction: I realized that UC3 just reached my heart and removed MGS4 from the pedastole. Add the amazing chemistry of the actors/characters with superb dialouge, acting, graphics, middle-eastern themed soundtrack and refined gameplay most notably the amazing melee system thats made me replay the game several times:

16 playthroughs later: Uncharted 3 is my favorite video game. 92 awards and counting!
EDIT: And thats without mentioning the amazing MP and Co Op which serves as my favo on the PS3 right ahead of Killzone 2!

Aldro has spoken !

trasharmdsister12 said:

Player1x3 said:

Aldro has spoken !

To clarify... Are you scoring it a 10 too for his reasoning?

Im that awesome

(XD)

10/10

while i enjoyed the single player of Uncharted 2 a little more, the multiplayer is by far the best multiplayer of any game.... ever.

pros:
+great set pieces (goes far beyond the technical boundaries of any other game)
+best console graphics ever (i wasnt sure if it could pass up Killzone 3, but it did. the lighting, the textures, the animation, the frickin set pieces, like the ship and airplane are insane)
+best multiplayer of any game (from traversal, to fighting, to shooting, to going into cover, it has so many gameplay mechanics. it no has the innovative buddy system, with high fives, medels, treasures, boosters, and kickbacks)
+did i mention the graphics
+great, and perhaps the best shooting mechanics of any TPS.

cons:
- campaign didnt seem to flow as well a the last game, it seemed to jump around a little to much, for the sake of set pieces.

6/10

Pros:

• + Good graphics, but quite inconsistent, textures look low-res too often, has a lot of jaggies compared to UC2 and the light rays can sometimes have a weird effect that looks rather nasty.
  • +The set-pieces are quite good, especially the plane part, but they're nothing mind-blowing
  • +Great voice acting.
  • +Varied locations.

Now I'm starting to run out of nice things to say...

Cons:

• - Pacing wasn't smooth and sometimes I'd get so bored I'd just turn it off.
  • - The game did a very poor job at explaining Drake and Elena's situation.
  • - The multi-player was cater-strophic imo, I enjoyed UC2's multi-player more, maybe it's just me.
  • - Was there even a story? Whilst acting and storytelling is good the actual story itself like all Uncharted games is merely find a magical object before the evil antagonist does. No depth whatsoever.
  • - Gun-play has taken a huge step back from UC2, just didn't feel as smooth and enjoyable as UC2 did.
  • - The game is overly-animated. Like whenever you go near a wall Drake tries to touch it. And when in gun fights where you're trying to rush into cover but because the animations make the gameplay so slow a simple thing like climbing a ledge and getting into cover will often cause you to die. Irritating.
  • - Lacking in enemy variety.
  • - Catherine Marlowe pales in comparison to Lazaravic.
  • - A very forgettable musical score. 

Please note: I've finished the single-player, played the multi-player for 30 mins and the above is MY opinion, I do not wish to discuss it.

9.8. If i could play one game in 2011. It would have been this one and it lived up to the hype.