By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The VGChartz Ranking Game -- Uncharted 3 -- Results!

Tagged games:

Uncharted 3 is...

the best game EVER! 30 17.75%

the best game of 2011! 40 23.67%

the best PS3 game of 2011! 20 11.83%

the best PS3 exclusive of 2011! 19 11.24%

a great game! 13 7.69%

a good game.. 11 6.51%

worth a rental..? 5 2.96%

a game with some hard flaws to overlook. 12 7.10%

a bad game! 16 9.47%

a deception! 3 1.78%

Total:169

couldn't be bothered writing everything i love and hate about the game, it's not perfect but it is my favourite and my most enjoyed game to date so that warrants a 10.

Around the Network

+ Excellent presentation
+ Improved combat mechanics
+ Great multi player mode
+ Good level design and variety
+ 3D mode the best i've seen in a PS3 game

- Puzzles are easy and can be boring at times
- Minor plot holes

score 9.5/10

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

tendoronie67 said:
couldn't be bothered writing everything i love and hate about the game, it's not perfect but it is my favourite and my most enjoyed game to date so that warrants a 10.

Non-perfect games don't score a perfect score, your description direcly contradicts your score..

Haven't played it so can't comment on the topic at hand, but we should definitely do the Ranking game of MW3 *trollface*, that'll be a fun thread.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Well my score for UC2 was a 8.5. I played this one only for about 45 minutes, so far it looks worse. I'll evetually borrow the game and play it.

NotStan said:
tendoronie67 said:

Non-perfect games don't score a perfect score, your description direcly contradicts your score..

Haven't played it so can't comment on the topic at hand, but we should definitely do the Ranking game of MW3 *trollface*, that'll be a fun thread.

There's no such thing as a perfect game, people usually score 10's to their favourite game of all time, knowing that a better game isn't ever going to be made, even if it is imperfect. Greg Miller talked about that in the IGN Uncharted 3 review.

I don't score that way though, the highest score I have is a 9.7 for Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid.

Around the Network
NotStan said:
tendoronie67 said:

IGN's Greg Miller:
"IGN defines a 10.0 -- a masterpiece -- as "the pinnacle of gaming, a masterpiece may not be flawless, but it is so exceptional that it is hard to imagine a game being better." That's Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. From start to finish, single player to multiplayer, this game sings. The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story – they’re all top notch. If you’re willing to skip Uncharted 3, be prepared to miss one of gaming’s finest moments. "

Aldro said:
NotStan said:
tendoronie67 said:

IGN's Greg Miller:
"IGN defines a 10.0 -- a masterpiece -- as "the pinnacle of gaming, a masterpiece may not be flawless, but it is so exceptional that it is hard to imagine a game being better." That's Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. From start to finish, single player to multiplayer, this game sings. The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story – they’re all top notch. If you’re willing to skip Uncharted 3, be prepared to miss one of gaming’s finest moments. "

Not sure if you can read or not.

NotStan said:
tendoronie67 said:

10/10 doesn't mean a game is perfect.

brendude13 said:
NotStan said:
tendoronie67 said:

There's no such thing as a perfect game, people usually score 10's to their favourite game of all time, knowing that a better game isn't ever going to be made, even if it is imperfect. Greg Miller talked about that in the IGN Uncharted 3 review.

I don't score that way though, the highest score I have is a 9.7 for Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid.

You can't say something is not perfect and then award the highest possible score - which shows perfection. A few games did that for me, but seriously it's not like I say "it's not perfect, but it's perfect". If I love the game that much, it's perfect to me.

This game was very fun, but the story is very banal as it follows the structure of the 2nd too much and has a horrible ending. The multiplayer is superb and makes up for the campaigns shortcomings. Uncharted 2 was such a good game it was hard to live up to it, but the first half is slow and it has less gun fighting than storytelling than I would like. Overall it is way above most other games in every category and reminded of what it is like to trip shrooms or do acid. I think it is funny that many of the team at naughty haves obviously done hallucinogenic drugs because otherwise they could not of created such a semi-realistic experience.

Love the game 9.5