By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *How Much Do You Want The Wii U To Cost*?

*Your Wanted Realistic Wii U Price?*

$250 47 16.10%

$300 88 30.14%

$350 80 27.40%

$400 39 13.36%

$450 13 4.45%

$500 4 1.37%

$550 0 0%

$600 6 2.05%

>$600 15 5.14%

Total:292

Now before you laugh and say "The lowest amount possible" and act like it's a stupid question...

How much do you want the Wii U to cost being realistic about the features it would have at that price.?

I personally, think that $300 would be too cheap and wouldn't be possible for what I want the Wii U to include. I also think that $500 is too much $ for me to afford. So my price is $400. I want the Wii U to have enough of a graphical leap from the PS3/360 to be noticed easily but it doesn't have to be like from the PS2 to PS3. I also want the Tablet to be able to produce nice graphics and be able to go online kind of like an IPad.(0bviously not as fast) I want it to include built in games that come packaged with the Wii U but not a real game like Wii Sports was.

Around the Network

$449-$499

I want to play Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc all in HD, with particles all over the place, franchises like Zelda should really stand out because of their beautifully rendered art-styles with the WiiU.

And I'm willing to pay that extra $ for it.

Millenium said:

$449-$499

I want to play Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc all in HD, with particles all over the place, franchises like Zelda should really stand out because of their beautifully rendered art-styles with the WiiU.

And I'm willing to pay that extra $ for it.

$249-$299

And not I'm willing to pay that extra $ for it.

Whatever it's worth.

About the cost of four Gamecubes and a roll of (cheap) Duct tape.

After doing the calculations, that adds up to the cost of a roll of cheap duct tape.

300 sounds good to me. They should really make like a 300$ and 350$ version based on space but i dont think it has a hard drive right just sd slots i think.

Around the Network

Anywhere between $300 and $400 seems reasonable, but I think $350 is the most likely price for it

If it's between $350-$450, I'll pick one up during the launch window.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

$350.

49.00 subsidized through a cable company with a 2 year contract...change the market nintendo.

Anything higher than 349 seems unrealistic for me. graphically it seems to be on par with the PS3 and 360, and they're both going for 249 (If you buy the Kinect bundle). I don't think people are willing to spend more than 100 $ or € more for an equal HD console + touchscreen interface/controller. Obviously there must a way to connect a second controller (how else are gonna play multiplayer?) and charging more than $100 for a controller?...nah, unlikely.

So what do we get? $249 console + $100 controller = $349. But who knows? Maybe Nintendo does another 3DS and adds a hefty profit on it?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.