By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171

Hmm... slow weekend for news. :/

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
Hmm... slow weekend for news. :/

I have about 50 pieces of news and nifty things, but I have been gone most of today. Now I have 20 minutes before Ax Men to push it all out!

Q.Q How did you find all of this?!

spurgeonryan said:

Resident Evil Revelations Was Originally Going To Take Place In A “Floating Mansion

Masachika Kawata, the producer behind Resident Evil: Revelations has revealed that game was originally intended to take place in a floating mansion on the sea, but Capcom USA forced the development team to change the floating mansion to the cruise ship which is named the Queen Zenobia.

“The concept for Revelations, it was actually just a floating mansion. That was the concept. It was just a mansion at sea. Capcom USA forced them to change it to a cruise ship.”

- Capcom community manager, Seth Killian

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai - more 3DS accessories

Kiki Trick - 'Oto Goods' footage

Namco Bandai cuts big chunk of content from European release of One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP came out in Japan a couple of months after the 3DS’ launch last year. It included two games in one. Both Unlimited Cruise Wii titles were packed into one game card, along with the Marine Ford mode.

The European version of One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP is finally releasing next month. Potential buyers should be aware that a significant amount of content has been cut.

Although One Piece Unlimited Cruise 1 will be on the cartridge, the entire second “episode” will not be included.

Namco Bandai explained that the decision was related to card size issues:

“Unlimited Cruise SP is a special case a bit. In Japan the game was released with two episodes on a single cartridge with the Marine Ford mode. For the European release we had to integrate the game in 5 languages ​​(English, French, German, Italian, Spanish) and this posed a problem to integrate the two sets of cartridges available on one for 3DS. We tried various approaches without success (hence the delay of the title that was out at the end of 2011) and in the end we were forced to include only the first episode. The rest is similar to the Japanese version: new characters, Japanese voice …”

The Japanese version of One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP came on a 2GB card. In the very near future, developers will be taking advantage of 4GB cards. We’ve also been hearing that 8GB cards may be an option.

I wonder if Namco Bandai tried using a larger card size for the European release…

Source

Do I dare say that that Hatsune Miku stuff looks really cool?!

spurgeonryan said:

Rumor: TMNT Manhattan Crisis for Wii U, Made by Rocksteady

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchucku…respectively).
- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.
- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.
- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project”, but is very much its own title.

Link

Reminder: Sheikah Hoodie Giveaway

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/sitely-stuff/reminder-sheikah-hoodie-giveaway/

Amazing Handmade DS, DSi, and 3DS Cases

Review: Mutant Mudds

Still, in spite of these (incredibly minor) flaws, what Mudds boils down to is one of the most impressively designed 2D platformers we’ve seen in the last ten years, and a game that easily stands up to the best in the genre, including industry-standards like Mario. Heck, I’d honestly say it’s better than every 2D Mario I’ve played except perhaps Super Mario World and Mario Bros. 3. It’s hard, it’s fun, it’s cheap, and it’s something that any 2D platforming fan should purchase as soon as it releases on January 26th.

Get your nine dollars ready.

9/10

@Spurgeonryan

Not too shabby!

Those accesories are really cool! Also are you planning on buying Mutant Mudds? 

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Those accesories are really cool! Also are you planning on buying Mutant Mudds? 

I may pick up some accessories soon, but I do not plan on getting Mutant Mudds as of right now. I have plenty to play at this moment. I take a long time on games! How about you?

Oh and here is the Project Cars video!

THANK YOU for posting that. That is the video I had trouble posting. 

And yes it seems that it takes me forever to finish a game. :)

Around the Network

Wow looks like Mutant mudds is a next Pushmo. The trailer on eshop looks amazing in 3d. Imagine this game looks amazing.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:

Wow looks like Mutant mudds is a next Pushmo. The trailer on eshop looks amazing in 3d. Imagine this game looks amazing.

I will definately dowload this since I haven't been dissapointed by a Renagade Kid game before but the art style is a little off to me. I don't know I think they should have gone for a cuter more detailed look. Main character is not appealing nor are any of the enemies.

That Project Cars video looks really really good! :)

spurgeonryan said:
DélioPT said:
That Project Cars video looks really really good! :)

It looks really fast and has what looks like will be very nice graphics! I just hope that the Wii U does have a little more power in it than the 360 and the PS3. Although as cost started to soar they may have had to bring it down a bit. We will see.

Yeah, it looks really good... and it seems to have a good feel to it!
I think Wii U will more powerful, period! If they can pull 60 frames ps, this will feel really good.

The fact that you didn't include the awesome N64 in the first post makes me sad :(