By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:
As far as I understand, Wii U will be about 50% more powerful than the PS360 - if the rumoured specs are to be believed...

The rumors are wrong. It won't be 50% more powerful. I'm pretty sure Nintendo said something about this.

where did they say that? I haven't seen any statement made på Big N about the Wii U's specs... All I hope for is that it'll be more powerful than PS360, and not just by 25% or something like that... I'd like it to be at least 50% stronger!

I think it was an inside thing nothing that they announced to the public really. I think they said around 30%.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Interesting! that is more on what has been said before, hopefully it is a real deal!

As for your debate with Danne Sandin, I do not think anyone really knows for sure. So there is no sense in arguing.

In other news!

Pachter- Nintendo doesn't know what the internet is, is a loser until they figure it out

"People still buy CDs and play them in CD players although there's no reason to, because you can get everything over the Internet. So as long as there's somebody who is going to buy a game console, and buy a game in that format, then consoles will continue. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo have a vested interest in their core royalty business: getting people to put content on their platforms. Nintendo doesn't even know there's an Internet yet so trust me, they're going to be making consoles until someone explains it to them. ...I think Nintendo, if they don't figure out that there really is something called the Internet, is a loser. - Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter

Our podcast listeners will get this one. If there's no online, it's a 2 out of 10! Pachter clearly feels Nintendo shouldn't even bother if they don't have online capabilities in their platforms. Do you agree with that statement?

Link

Everything Pachter has said about Nintendo so far is just ridiculous, so no. 

We weren't really arguing about it. We were just talking about it ;)

@underline Are you talking about the stuff I said? 

A new Starfox game would be pretty cool! Starfox 64 was pretty awesome back in the day.
I`m replaying it on 3DS and i admit i thought it would be boring, but it`s not. Of course, a lot of work would have to go into the game to make it fresh for multiple plays.

How come when ever nintendo gets success, it's always "temporary" but when Microsoft and Apple gets success analyst have an fn party?

FARM SIMULATOAR 3D!

That game just skyrocketed to the #1 spot of my most-wanted list! :D

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Omg I hope Retro is working on Star Fox, that series NEEDs to be resurrected.

Never ever give the series to Namco, they killed it with Assault.

It was with 64 3D ^_^

SCV 3DS would be awesome!! please be true

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:
Omg I hope Retro is working on Star Fox, that series NEEDs to be resurrected.

Never ever give the series to Namco, they killed it with Assault.

It was with 64 3D ^_^

Well I forgot all about that xD

But I wanna see a actual dedicated sequel and not a pseudo genre sequel like Star Fox Adventures (which was good) and Star Fox Assault (Garbage).

Yeah that would be nice.

Ubisoft has confirmed that Rayman Origins will include StreetPass support, it won't be anything too in depth but it is there. They said, “You can share your progression, number of collectibles, time played, unlocked achievements, and avatar with others.” So it sounds like a pretty neat addition.

Game Developer Two Tribes has tweeted that they may be creating a game for the 3DS as you can see above.

"Nintendo WFC (Wi-Fi Connection) and Nintendo Network are one and the same. This is not to be confused with any other network or connection as our servers are integrated to one another."

So there you are Nintendo Network seems to be just a re-branding of Nintendo Wi-Fi, the logo is pretty cool too. ^_^

Mario Party 9 has a new trailer! You can see it below.