By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
NintendoPie said:
NightDragon83 said:
NintendoPie said:
NightDragon83 said:
I disapprove of this thread because spurgeonryan is missing the N64 and GBA in his montage of Ninty systems. Kinda makes this "Official Nintendo Thread" a little less official in my book lol.

Anyways, I hope to God that the Wii U's controller isn't final... that thing looks uglier than the original E3 DS prototype.

Like I said the changes will probably be minor, so it will most likely keep its form factor Nintendo just might put the buttons in different places or make it a tad skinnier. It won't be that much of a change. I used to think it looked ugly when it was first revelaed but now it's kind of grown on me, I actually like it quite a lot! :)

WOH! That is UGLY!!! Where are the speakers?!

LOL yeah exactly... no speakers was just the tip of the iceberg with the design issues for that thing.

Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread, just saw the headline.  Personally I'm not too happy with the sliding analog nubs.  They're ok for 3DS I guess but I like the feeling and control of actual thumb sticks that I can also click down like the PS Dual Shock and 360 controllers have.

And I think they should shorten the sides on it up a bit so that it's almost like having two controller grips attached to it, and center them on the screen, because I'm not a fan of having the analog sliders all the way up in the top corners and then the buttons below them.  Seems completely counterintuitive to the way I've been playing games since the PS1/N64 generation, and it kinda reminds me of the Dreamcast's controller a bit with its awkwardly placed analog stick.

Yeah, staggering the circle pads might be a good idea. @bolded What? Lol, I'm sorry but that didn't make too much since to me. What do you want them to do to the sides? "." Sorry. 

I think the flat circle pads are Nintendos new thing to do. I guess it kind of differintiates them from the other companys. They probably won't get rid of them. Plus I heard that since its not able to tilt that its easier for devs. to make games for the Wii U and 3DS.

LoL it's kinda hard to describe... like imagine having the sides of the controller trimmed down to where the screen ends on each side, and then have two equally spaced grips on either side centered on the screen where you would put the thumb pads, face and shoulder buttons.  Kinda like this fan-made mockup before the Wii U was officially shown (just imagine the grips being much, MUCH smaller lol, like standard Xbox / PS controller grips)...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
NintendoPie said:
NightDragon83 said:
NintendoPie said:
NightDragon83 said:
I disapprove of this thread because spurgeonryan is missing the N64 and GBA in his montage of Ninty systems. Kinda makes this "Official Nintendo Thread" a little less official in my book lol.

Anyways, I hope to God that the Wii U's controller isn't final... that thing looks uglier than the original E3 DS prototype.

Like I said the changes will probably be minor, so it will most likely keep its form factor Nintendo just might put the buttons in different places or make it a tad skinnier. It won't be that much of a change. I used to think it looked ugly when it was first revelaed but now it's kind of grown on me, I actually like it quite a lot! :)

WOH! That is UGLY!!! Where are the speakers?!

LOL yeah exactly... no speakers was just the tip of the iceberg with the design issues for that thing.

Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread, just saw the headline.  Personally I'm not too happy with the sliding analog nubs.  They're ok for 3DS I guess but I like the feeling and control of actual thumb sticks that I can also click down like the PS Dual Shock and 360 controllers have.

And I think they should shorten the sides on it up a bit so that it's almost like having two controller grips attached to it, and center them on the screen, because I'm not a fan of having the analog sliders all the way up in the top corners and then the buttons below them.  Seems completely counterintuitive to the way I've been playing games since the PS1/N64 generation, and it kinda reminds me of the Dreamcast's controller a bit with its awkwardly placed analog stick.

Yeah, staggering the circle pads might be a good idea. @bolded What? Lol, I'm sorry but that didn't make too much since to me. What do you want them to do to the sides? "." Sorry. 

I think the flat circle pads are Nintendos new thing to do. I guess it kind of differintiates them from the other companys. They probably won't get rid of them. Plus I heard that since its not able to tilt that its easier for devs. to make games for the Wii U and 3DS.

LoL it's kinda hard to describe... like imagine having the sides of the controller trimmed down to where the screen ends on each side, and then have two equally spaced grips on either side centered on the screen where you would put the thumb pads, face and shoulder buttons.  Kinda like this fan-made mockup before the Wii U was officially shown (just imagine the grips being much, MUCH smaller lol, like standard Xbox / PS controller grips)...

Ohhhhh! I doubt seriously that Nintendo would change it that much though.

i doubt the controller will look like that, unless the touch screen comes out on its own as a tablet.

The reason I say that is because this design would limit the way they showed the demo of it being used (i.e. specifically the golf demo comes to mind, and as a tablet for casual games for two player games like chess etc..)..

Also an idea for this thread if possible to use hidden tags. When you put the big news in the first post (hopefully all of it aseasier to read), high each in a hiddentag with a title above it. That way it loads in a smaller space and people can view the bits they want to without scrolling thorugh a huge list of pictures and videos.

spurgeonryan said:

Karaoke Joysound boxart

And here is a video of one of the few Wii games coming out this year!

Kiki Trick footage

I noticed Hudson's Logo on the boxart. I thought one company bought them out? Are they just going to keep using the logo?

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

I noticed Hudson's Logo on the boxart. I thought one company bought them out? Are they just going to keep using the logo?

I would imagine that it was not finalized before the game came out.

As of March 1, Hudson is no more

Oh, I see.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Cobretti2 said:

i doubt the controller will look like that, unless the touch screen comes out on its own as a tablet.

The reason I say that is because this design would limit the way they showed the demo of it being used (i.e. specifically the golf demo comes to mind, and as a tablet for casual games for two player games like chess etc..)..

Also an idea for this thread if possible to use hidden tags. When you put the big news in the first post (hopefully all of it aseasier to read), high each in a hiddentag with a title above it. That way it loads in a smaller space and people can view the bits they want to without scrolling thorugh a huge list of pictures and videos.

I do not even know if that is possible here? It sounds like a great idea though! I think when people reply to others they just need to erase the pictures and movies from the quote. That seems to be the big problem. Thank you though! I will ask one of our senior members if they know how to do what you said. Much appreciated!

I hope so too. they are really good for sub dividing stuff. A lot of sports card forums use them to let people do just that. best feature i use.

It also loads faster as content is hidden and only loads when hidden button is pushed to unhide..

so for your case

you could have stuff like

E3 2011

[hidden button]

Wii U Specs

[hidden button]

E3 2012

[hidden button]

Launch Games 

[Hidden Button]

etc....

BasilZero said:
Any news on the Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary game...or did it come out yet o.O?

The one that looks like Four Swords but its more up to date?

I thought SS was supposed to celebrate the 25th?

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:
Any news on the Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary game...or did it come out yet o.O?

Are you two talking about the rumor about a Zelda game kind of like Mario Allstars? I think we just got the Zelda anniversay CD and orchestra that is traveling the world. Anniversary was last year. I do not think they did enough. Also the CD with SS was not too exciting to me.

Yeah I thought the CD would include much more music. :/ 

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:

Are you two talking about the rumor about a Zelda game kind of like Mario Allstars? I think we just got the Zelda anniversay CD and orchestra that is traveling the world. Anniversary was last year. I do not think they did enough. Also the CD with SS was not too exciting to me.

The CD was a major disappointment.

Level1Death said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:

The CD was a major disappointment.

Yes, yes it was. :/