By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
spurgeonryan said:

To the lifelong Nintendo fan that is enough. To others that is just not going to cut it. Actually most people want more games. Last year was abysmal when it came to released games. I even did a thread on it. I listed every game coming out. Other than pavolink and myself others were not impressed.

NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
Hmm..... I'm not frustrated with Nintendo. Don't know why everyone else is. -.-

probably because oflack of games and mainstream games for their systems. There are many other reasons as well.

It's not a bother to me really. Their casual games are kind of helping them stay in the lead on those sales. That should be good news for Nintendo Fans.

Well it just doesn't really make sense that people aren't pleased with how Nintendo was doing. It's kind of selfish to think they should only release the game you (not directing this toward anyone specifically) want and not broaden their audience. Oh well.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Mutant Mudds is supposed to be very good.

That's what I'm excited for!

spurgeonryan said:

Nintendo’s latest lacks implementation

<...>

Opposed to the challenging gameplay, however, is the game's unwillingness to trust you with it. Every time a new enemy appears, your helper, a spirit named Fi, pops up to inform you that the growling, threatening creature in front of you is probably going to try to kill you, and that you should use your sword to defeat it.

Every time you find a new puzzle, Fi gives you an overly generous hint about how to solve it, and once you succeed she infallibly informs you that you have indeed solved the puzzle. Every time you reach a new area, the game stops so Fi can recommend that you explore it.

I see this duality of loving aesthetic attention and infuriating bureaucratic interface as indicative of Nintendo as a company. On one hand is Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of The Legend of Zelda and other beloved video games.

On the other: his publisher, Nintendo, who seems determined to integrate the SparkNotes with the novel. Miyamoto still has a gift for the subtle beauty of the righteous quest, even if Nintendo itself seems determined to bury his vision in a tangle of allegedly user-friendly guidelines and gewgaws.

The casual gamers I spoke to said they enjoyed Skyward Sword. The gamers I spoke to said they were disappointed. I have to say I'm somewhere in between. Though still disappointed and frustrated with what could easily have been a far better game than it was, I enjoyed and respected Skyward Sword. But I couldn't help feeling like I was playing a "Simple Wikipedia" version of what could have been a far more complex and engrossing media experience.

http://www.miscellanynews.com/2.1579/nintendo-s-latest-lacks-implementation-1.2693467#.Tyo3Rci7Cuk

That does kind of infuriate me, and the funniest part is, if you look at the original Zelda, it's the pole opposite. You have to burn all the damn trees before you find a secret. From one extreme to the next, hey? No in-betweens lol.

happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:

Mutant Mudds is supposed to be very good.

That's what I'm excited for!

I know! It looks very good.

NintendoPie said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
NintendoPie said:
Gamerace said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Dead or Alive 5 may come to the Wii U. Yosuke Hayashi has hinted at it, he is one of the people creating Ninja Gaiden 3.

“We’re thinking about all sorts of things. Right now, our Wii U development is focused just on Ninja Gaiden, but we’re definitely keeping other platforms in mind for DOA5.”

I see no reason why it cannot or will not come out on the Wii U or Wii Revolution. If they cited limitations on past Nintendo consoles, that should not be the case here. Oh shoot, I thought you were talking about GTA 5. As long as E3 impresses people, devs will be jumping on board! One year (possibly ) of no competition from the other two? Of course every big game will come! Why wouldn't they?

3rd parties have no excuse now. They must release their games on the Wii U or they shall face the consequences!

I don't see why this is the case. Same could be said of GC which had poor 3rd party support and then when Wii came out and doubled it's competitors sales, everyone said the same thing "3rd parties have no excuse, support or face the consequences" but ultimately Wii also had poor 3rd party support. 3rd parties will try some games on WiiU like they did GC and Wii and if they don't sell as well as or better than on PS3/360 expect 3rd party support to disappear - quick.

The Wii U would have better third party support because already some 3rd parties have said how easy it is to develop with the Wii U and it'll make it much easier to put their games on the console since it HD and they don't have to downgrade anything.

Not only that, but we live in a multiplat era. Publishers want their games on as many platforms as possible and removing the barrier means there's no reason Wii U shouldn't be getting these games. It's not really going to hinge on individual game sales as much, as the PS3 has proven - got was continually creamed in multiplat sales by the 360, and even in the cases of games being released on all 3 platforms (Call of Duty 3, Guitar Hero, etc) it would still come in last place, but developers didn't abandon it.

Exactly! Removing this "graphics" barrier now means 3rd parties can now develop easier for Nintendo.

When porting a game the graphics really are not the problem its the memory/cpu that usually gets in the way. With graphics you can always remove features that are not support and reduce size/number of textures so the system can handle it.  The problem is the time and manpower it takes to make a working engine for the system. I took a class that delt with porting game/software to different hardware. And one of the first points it makes there are no really barriers to porting a game from one system to the other besides the limitations of the controller. And the motion controller turned many developers off the console because they didn't think it would be big. (And some of the ones that were not turned off made confusing choices that lead to them virtually abondoning the system. (i.e. Rockstar/Take 2) And once it proved it wasn't a fad it was too late to make games that would compete on the same level (plus with the controller direct ports where almost out of the question.)

That is why you seen a lot of old Wii games being ported/updated when Microsoft and Sony added their motion controllers.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
BasilZero said:
spurgeonryan said:
BasilZero said:
spurgeonryan said:
BasilZero said:
Just noticed the cyclops eggplant wizard.

What the...he looks so out of place...

Speaking of Kid icarus. Have you ever done any games from before the SNES days?

You mean playthrough videos?

I made Kirby Adventure videos from the NES: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL36E7CE638A3CB613

But they are non-HD, not full resolution and with a crappy intro D:

If the question was if I played any? Yes alot *-*

Lol! No I did not ask if you had played any.....play any Apple 2?

I dont think I have o.o, what is that?

It is an early 80's computer of course.

Yeah, they of course used the roman numberal system in the names, it was one of the more popular computer systems to install in Elementary/Middle Schools because it didn't require as much of a learning curve. (And you couldn't delete any  system critical files since the OS was hard wired into the system. I bricked my Middle School's Liberary's IBM because I installed a TSR program and when I removed it, it took some of DOS with it. It was my first time on an IBM compatible) The Apple II itself was rare but it's updates where common:

Apple IIc, IIe; IIgs (the most popular)

NintendoPie said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
NintendoPie said:
Gamerace said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Dead or Alive 5 may come to the Wii U. Yosuke Hayashi has hinted at it, he is one of the people creating Ninja Gaiden 3.

“We’re thinking about all sorts of things. Right now, our Wii U development is focused just on Ninja Gaiden, but we’re definitely keeping other platforms in mind for DOA5.”

I see no reason why it cannot or will not come out on the Wii U or Wii Revolution. If they cited limitations on past Nintendo consoles, that should not be the case here. Oh shoot, I thought you were talking about GTA 5. As long as E3 impresses people, devs will be jumping on board! One year (possibly ) of no competition from the other two? Of course every big game will come! Why wouldn't they?

3rd parties have no excuse now. They must release their games on the Wii U or they shall face the consequences!

I don't see why this is the case. Same could be said of GC which had poor 3rd party support and then when Wii came out and doubled it's competitors sales, everyone said the same thing "3rd parties have no excuse, support or face the consequences" but ultimately Wii also had poor 3rd party support. 3rd parties will try some games on WiiU like they did GC and Wii and if they don't sell as well as or better than on PS3/360 expect 3rd party support to disappear - quick.

The Wii U would have better third party support because already some 3rd parties have said how easy it is to develop with the Wii U and it'll make it much easier to put their games on the console since it HD and they don't have to downgrade anything.

Not only that, but we live in a multiplat era. Publishers want their games on as many platforms as possible and removing the barrier means there's no reason Wii U shouldn't be getting these games. It's not really going to hinge on individual game sales as much, as the PS3 has proven - got was continually creamed in multiplat sales by the 360, and even in the cases of games being released on all 3 platforms (Call of Duty 3, Guitar Hero, etc) it would still come in last place, but developers didn't abandon it.

Exactly! Removing this "graphics" barrier now means 3rd parties can now develop easier for Nintendo.

You guys miss my point. There was no graphics issue with the GC - it still got poor 3rd party support. It did get more direct ports than Wii to be sure but still, it got ignored for a lot of games. Removing the HD barrier is not enough. Being a top selling system is not enough. WiiU must be a signicant seller of the games 3rd parties make, or they will not support it - regardless. This is Significant because if all WiiU is going to do is run the same games (albiet slightly prettier and with a fancy new controller) then who is going to buy it? PS3/360 owners? Probably not. Nintendo fans? Sure. Casuals? Maybe... jury is out on that one. The Nintendo faithful (IE: Which is maybe generously 10m+ strong based on GC/SMG/Zelda/Brawl sales) does not provide enough support to 3rd parties. Casuals even less. So unless it can get current PS360 owners to make WiiU their primary console of choice - I expect poor 3rd party support - again.

Gamerace said:
NintendoPie said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
NintendoPie said:
Gamerace said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

You guys miss my point. There was no graphics issue with the GC - it still got poor 3rd party support. It did get more direct ports than Wii to be sure but still, it got ignored for a lot of games. Removing the HD barrier is not enough. Being a top selling system is not enough. WiiU must be a signicant seller of the games 3rd parties make, or they will not support it - regardless. This is Significant because if all WiiU is going to do is run the same games (albiet slightly prettier and with a fancy new controller) then who is going to buy it? PS3/360 owners? Probably not. Nintendo fans? Sure. Casuals? Maybe... jury is out on that one. The Nintendo faithful (IE: Which is maybe generously 10m+ strong based on GC/SMG/Zelda/Brawl sales) does not provide enough support to 3rd parties. Casuals even less. So unless it can get current PS360 owners to make WiiU their primary console of choice - I expect poor 3rd party support - again.

3rd parties last gen really got hurt, barely any of their games that were released on the Wii profited well. Some did most didn't. True.

But! Most 3rd parties seem to not even try to put their games on Nintendo Consoles, which is very annoying. 3rd parties first need to "trust" Nintendo enough to put games back on the system. Nintendo already has gotten a grip on the 3rd parties though. They've done it with the Wii U. 3rd parties have been happily supporting the Wii U (and 3DS.) They've gotten the HD down, Online (they say they have) down, and the controller all the 3rd parties love it. They have them again now all they need to do is support them.

News overload... Commencing self destruct sequence.

spurgeonryan said:

We Sing Pop - track listing, Euro boxart, screens

Gaaahhh, can't wait for this!!! AAAH! *Girly screamies*