By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
BasilZero said:
Pavolink said:

The Dragon Quest online game you're talking is DQX Online announced last year.

As for Skyrim, I think Bethesda will wait for next Fallout installment.

So wait....DQ10 will be pure Online like FFXI Online? ~_~?

IIRC, at first you can be offline, but at somepoint you'll have to go online to continue the story.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
BasilZero said:
Pavolink said:

The Dragon Quest online game you're talking is DQX Online announced last year.

As for Skyrim, I think Bethesda will wait for next Fallout installment.

So wait....DQ10 will be pure Online like FFXI Online? ~_~?

IIRC, at first you can be offline, but at somepoint you'll have to go online to continue the story.

I heard SE retracted that statement and said you can continue to play even without wi-fi because everyone hated (including me!) the stupid idea?

NintendoPie said:

I heard SE retracted that statement and said you can continue to play even without wi-fi because everyone hated (including me!) the stupid idea?

Ohhh, thank god.

I'm again interested in the game, altough, I have never ever played a DQ game before.

Pavolink said:
NintendoPie said:

Ohhh, thank god.

I'm again interested in the game, altough, I have never ever played a DQ game before.

Yeah I hated that idea too! Hopefully they persue making a real DQ game and not some cruddy MMO. -.-

Pavolink said:
DélioPT said:
Pavolink said:

Some guesses:
- Resident Evil 6 won't be in Wii U, neither GTAV
- Final Fantasy XV will be in Wii U
- Versus XIII could end with a Wii U port

My guesses are RE 6 and GTA V will be on Wii U and i`ll say Final Fantasy X HD for Wii U or at least some Final Fantasy as you mentioned!
DQ X and FF X on Wii U would really make Wii U stand out in Japan!
Remember that new Epic game? Wii U.

I believe they want the FFX HD to be a Sony exclusive, maybe some kind of Vita-PS3 cross play or something. That's why Versus XIII is the best option to be ported: create a FF userbase with a hyped game (after FFCCCB bomb on Wii) and made a little profit it sells enough.

That's not the case for RE6 or GTAV 'cause they are not managed by SE and their big losses. Really, can't see RE6 on WiiU, but an exclusive such as Revelations and RE7 version.

Note: I'm not begging for a Versus XIII port, just speculating.

Somehow i was under the impression that FF X was an exclusive, but i couldn`t find anything on it.
Is FF Versus XIII hyped? Hope the bad press around the latest two doesn`t hurt it.
I chose FF X because that and FF VII are the most beloved ones - at least from recent times. And for Wii U it would great!

An Wii U exclusive could happen if Revelations does really well and not to forget that RE4 Wii made Capcom a lot of money.

If GTA V lands on Wii U, anything is possible! :D

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
DélioPT said:

Somehow i was under the impression that FF X was an exclusive, but i couldn`t find anything on it.
Is FF Versus XIII hyped? Hope the bad press around the latest two doesn`t hurt it.
I chose FF X because that and FF VII are the most beloved ones - at least from recent times. And for Wii U it would great!

An Wii U exclusive could happen if Revelations does really well and not to forget that RE4 Wii made Capcom a lot of money.

If GTA V lands on Wii U, anything is possible! :D

Not sure why there would be bad press considering the fact that Versus XIII takes place in another world in the same universe, and the gameplay is completely different.

Exactly. With few details Versus XIII is hyped even by the ones burned with XIII. It looks very good.

Holy crap that game looks interesting! An RPG with AR creatures like aliens that you capture and collect to battle with? Color me excited!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

@ryan One of them reminded me of Charlie Brown. Though they all look like Miis with costumes on.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

I absolutely adore this thread and am so proud of you Ryan. You rock!

spurgeonryan said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Nintendo not to try for high tech graphics as expected, seems they didn't learn their lesson...

now it seems more likely that the Ps4/Xbox720 pattern will continue, of course it depends on how lower the tech is....which would mean buying more than 1 console once again

I don't quite agree with Nintendo's logic, they don't try to achieve perfection, they say they have innovation others lack,and they do, but they lack the high tech that others have, so there is a balance where they could have killed competition

I am  not completely sure with what they are actually saying here. We are told it is much more powerful, but then they say this.

I think it is going to be twice as powerful as the current gen, but they are not going to be competing with tech. So expect to see a powerful system. But when the 720 and PS4 comes out they probably will be stronger. Thankfully, Nintendo owners will have maybe 6 months to a year to have nice graphics before the big guys come out with what they have. Microsoft and Sony are smart, so they will learn from whatever happens with the Wii U. Probably.

The hardware will be powerfull enough. The difference between how "powerful" each system is should be the power difference between the 360 and the PS3. What Nintendo is saying even through they have the ability to create high end graphics they are not making it their overriding goal.  (Which I agree with them. Focus on "real" graphics drives up development cost and time. If the graphics in the game are good enough and the gameplay is excellent they can sell it and sell it well. (If this generation of 10million plus games prove)