By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW Hardware UP! (14th January '12) -Global up!

morenoingrato said:
Ouch.
Also, 3DS is doing not-so-hot for a 8th gen handheld.
It might drop badly pretty soon.

Luckily some great softwares including Resident Evil, Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus will release not too far away from now. PSV will have some shitty weeks though... 

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
morenoingrato said:
Ouch.

Luckily some great softwares including Resident Evil, Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus will release not too far away from now. PSV will have some shitty weeks though... 

How is it not doing good? This is a bad week for all of them and I think the 3DS held up OK, it's selling better than the DS did at this time.

RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
Ouch.

Of course it's going to drop badly. It still hasn't the lineup it needs to really get going and if Nintendo insists on staggering the REAL Mario games (in other words, don't release them within one year of each other), then the 3DS will be in a so-so situation for quite a long time.

Well there are a few good games coming up so it may push the sales a little. For another Mario game though I don't think that will release for at least 1 and half years. Rol, which type of Mario do you want next 2D (I'm guessing) or 3D?

enrageorange said:
pezus said:
Jexy said:
pezus said:
PS3 dropped by 200k+ this week??

or overtracked the previous week/s?  Nothing massive came out new before, seems odd.

Hmm last weeks numbers look the same as they did, so no major adjustments...weird. 360 dropped by ~73k, Wii by 145k and PS3 202k?

Japan hurt ps3 a lot this week because no more holiday. For whatever reason europe had a ridiculously small drop last week and this week it had its big drop while the United States had its big drop last week and a small drop this week. Percent drops are similar for all systems in each region. 50% in Europe. 70+% in japan. 13-25% in United States. The small drop in the United States was most beneficial to the 360 hence why it caught up rather quickly.

Anyway sales will be awful except for small weekly bumps when big releases come out it seems. It will be interesting to see if microsoft cuts 360 prices soon or waits to cut them around the same time as the wii u launch.

In several european countries (at least Spain and countries with a Christian Ortodox culture) the Christmas presents are given on the 6th of January.

man-bear-pig said:
Cant believe Halo: Reach is above Batman and gears 3 in the USA software charts! Is this a mistake, because there is no sign of Halo: CEA...? Anyway, the PS Vita numbers are higher than i expected tbh. Also, good to see Skyrim near the top of the USA and UK software charts again. Hopefully some DLC will be out at the start of February.

Halo Reach is bundled the shit out of. It's being given away for free for quite sometime now similar to Fable and Forza.  Batman AC is also selling well consdering there are no bundles and Gears of War 3 is also bundled to a very high extent although Gears of War sells the Xbox 360 consoles (People are buying 360 due to the Gears of War 3 bundle)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

Well there are a few good games coming up so it may push the sales a little. For another Mario game though I don't think that will release for at least 1 and half years. Rol, which type of Mario do you want next 2D (I'm guessing) or 3D?

Good games don't cut it. Killer-apps are needed, not semi-big titles like Resident Evil: Revelations.

By definition, a REAL Mario game is always 2D.

I know, but Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion 2 seem like they could be pretty big, they might bring up sales by at least a couple thousand for each region on release date.

dsage01 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Cant believe Halo: Reach is above Batman and gears 3 in the USA software charts! Is this a mistake, because there is no sign of Halo: CEA...? Anyway, the PS Vita numbers are higher than i expected tbh. Also, good to see Skyrim near the top of the USA and UK software charts again. Hopefully some DLC will be out at the start of February.

Halo Reach is bundled the shit out of. It's being given away for free for quite sometime now similar to Fable and Forza.  Batman AC is also selling well consdering there are no bundles and Gears of War 3 is also bundled to a very high extent although Gears of War sells the Xbox 360 consoles (People are buying 360 due to the Gears of War 3 bundle)

Yeah, but the reach sales dont include bundle sales...

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

I know, but Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion 2 seem like they could be pretty big, they might bring up sales by at least a couple thousand for each region on release date.

That's a contradiction, because a big game doesn't push hardware sales by only a few thousand units.

An actual killer-app boosts console sales for at least a couple of months.

It's not a contridiction, I never said they would be big I said pretty big. And I know what a big game can do and I agree Nintendo does need to space them out for "maximum" sales.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

It's not a contridiction, I never said they would be big I said pretty big. And I know what a big game can do and I agree Nintendo does need to space them out for "maximum" sales.

That would be the next point. KI and LM2 won't be pretty big. One million for the former and two million for the latter are their best case scenarios, at least that's how I see it.

WW or US? If you're talking about WW then around 1Mil for KI makes since but only 2Mil for LM2? Have you seen the pre-orders for it? I think it will do 2Mil in the US but for WW thats a little low at least 3 to 3.5 Million.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:

WW or US? If you're talking about WW then around 1Mil for KI makes since but only 2Mil for LM2? Have you seen the pre-orders for it? I think it will do 2Mil in the US but for WW thats a little low at least 3 to 3.5 Million.

Worldwide. I doubt that LM2 comes anywhere close to the sales of the first game which benefited from being a GC launch title.

You never know it seems a lot of people have been waiting for it and it really all comes down to release date.