By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW Hardware UP! (14th January '12) -Global up!

man-bear-pig said:
Cant believe Halo: Reach is above Batman and gears 3 in the USA software charts! Is this a mistake, because there is no sign of Halo: CEA...? Anyway, the PS Vita numbers are higher than i expected tbh. Also, good to see Skyrim near the top of the USA and UK software charts again. Hopefully some DLC will be out at the start of February.

Reach numbers are strange. i know Halo is big but above a 2011 Games?? hmmm

Around the Network
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
I see Wii going sub 100k in just a few weeks

Looks like the 360 and PS3 will probably fall below 100k rather soon as well.

Eventually, but I don't think soon. There are many games coming out for them in the coming months. 360 might go under 100k before summer but I don't think PS3 will. Having said that, I think all of them will go sub 100k during the summer :(. Will be depressing!

I think both will (360 before PS3) go under 100k before ME3 and Max Payne 3 come out for at least a couple of weeks.

We'll see, but ME3 is coming out in only 8 weeks and FFXIII-2 comes out in 3. They will stop dropping eventually and level out like they always do

Hmmm I forgot about FFXIII-2 but I doubt it will really give much of a boost and only for a week or two if it does. It may keep the PS3 from falling below 100k before the big games from March come out.

meh for everything except 3DS.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

japan sold more 3ds than n.ameica,thats pretty impressive

so in the UK the big games cross plat are COD 3m+, fifa 12 2m+,BF3, 1m+, skyrim 1m+

what do you think mario kart wii has done in the uk becasue it doesn't have a total

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
japan sold more 3ds than n.ameica,thats pretty impressive

so in the UK the big games cross plat are COD 3m+, fifa 12 2m+,BF3, 1m+, skyrim 1m+

what do you think mario kart wii has done in the uk becasue it doesn't have a total

The top Europe games don't surprise me, but Japan finally got a break of America beating them in sales

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
dsage01 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Cant believe Halo: Reach is above Batman and gears 3 in the USA software charts! Is this a mistake, because there is no sign of Halo: CEA...? Anyway, the PS Vita numbers are higher than i expected tbh. Also, good to see Skyrim near the top of the USA and UK software charts again. Hopefully some DLC will be out at the start of February.

Halo Reach is bundled the shit out of. It's being given away for free for quite sometime now similar to Fable and Forza.  Batman AC is also selling well consdering there are no bundles and Gears of War 3 is also bundled to a very high extent although Gears of War sells the Xbox 360 consoles (People are buying 360 due to the Gears of War 3 bundle)

Yeah, but the reach sales dont include bundle sales...

That is clear BS. Games like Fable, Forza, LBP and now Halo Reach are only selling as well due to the extenisve/ and crazy amount of bundling they are reciving. 

Vita being outsold 6-1 by 3DS. This doesn't bode well for the handheld's longevity in Japan.. it needs some killer games and a price drop ASAP.

I can't imagine things being much better when in launches in NA and Europe next month either.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

dsage01 said:
man-bear-pig said:
dsage01 said:
man-bear-pig said:

Halo Reach is bundled the shit out of. It's being given away for free for quite sometime now similar to Fable and Forza.  Batman AC is also selling well consdering there are no bundles and Gears of War 3 is also bundled to a very high extent although Gears of War sells the Xbox 360 consoles (People are buying 360 due to the Gears of War 3 bundle)

Yeah, but the reach sales dont include bundle sales...

That is clear BS. Games like Fable, Forza, LBP and now Halo Reach are only selling as well due to the extenisve/ and crazy amount of bundling they are reciving. 

No what you are saying is BS. Unless you have an official source you are talking out of your ass.

The reason halo cea was not on the list because it was a remake . most remakes do not do that good besides nintendo's own , there is rarely a remake that has sold like crazy . look at goldeneye and Goldeneye Reloaded
they did not chart not that I know of

NightDragon83 said:
Vita being outsold 6-1 by 3DS. This doesn't bode well for the handheld's longevity in Japan.. it needs some killer games and a price drop ASAP.

I can't imagine things being much better when in launches in NA and Europe next month either.

Yeah it maybe cringe worthy...