By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be your first game purchase of the year?

so,what will be your first game purchase of the year? I plan on buying the new twisted metal game. I was a big fan of the first 2 games on the orginal playstation and there's no way I'm not getting it on day 1. If you already bought a game,name what it was. 

Around the Network

Probably Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Probably Uncharted: GA (I like the "probably" theme goin on in this thread)

Probably The Last Story, when it comes out on 24/02

I already bought Zangeki no Regenleiv, though it'll be a bit before i play it (want to finish Super Mario 3D Land first)

Being in Japan will minimize my new-game purchases through April. Probably will get Pandora's Tower because i'll place a safe bet on that game not making it to America even if Last Story does, and it seems more action-y so the language barrier will be less of an issue.

Once i get back, i'll probably get Xenoblade, Kid Icarus Uprising, and download some of the Ambassador games i'm entitled to, and that should keep me good to go through the inevitable period of post-graduation poverty that i'm going to face this year...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I already got:

1. Dark Void (360)
2. Amy (XBLA)
3. Zen Pinball (3DS eShop)
4. Bionic Commando (3DS eShop)

My first REAL purchase is going to be Final Fantasy XIII-2

Never Dead (I like to give oportunity to those games that looks really crazy ex: Vanquish, Shadows of the Damned,etc)

I really hope more people buy it.   It looks crazy, in a good way :D

Probably Dark Souls. Unless Blizzard actually releases Heart of the swarm Q1 2012 like they said (as if)

Come join our video game music rumble! Everybody is welcome!

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f63/official-video-game-music-rumble-66118/

We vote on our favorite music from various categories we have created. Currently doing: "Best PS2 Soundtracks". More to come!

I already bought:

Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii)
Skyrim (PC)
Umihara Kawase (DS)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Mine was VVVVVV for the 3DS. My first retail title will be Resident Evil: Revelations.

Love and tolerate.