Slimebeast said:
Adinnieken said:
Slimebeast said:
BHR-3 said:
360 3.5M+ (66M sold was really sold)
PS3 1.3-1.8
Wii around the same as PS3

U mean 66 mill shipped rite?

No, Microsoft sold 66+ million Xbox 360's to date (as of Dec. 31st.).

IGN attempted to suggest shipped, and Microsoft contacted IGN and had them correct their post and restated for the record that it was 66+ million sold through December.

Well I don't believe that. Misunderstandings could have happened even if IGN contacted them for clarification. We know that Microsoft doesn't track end user sales, and had they really sold 66 million to customers that would have meant an even more impressive shipment number that they would have bragged about.

So 66 million is definitely shipped. VGC has the X360 at 64.6 million end of year BTW. 

from what i gather 2 days ago while trying to figure it out (on the net of course  the forums here werent informative everyone was just shouting) every time MS says X amounts sold global ect. it was sold b/c i would check each announcement (there are a few usually landmark ones like 20M 30m 50m ect.) and then checked VGC numbers and they where the same

you just watch we'll have 3.5M+ for the X-box from NPD soon

Play Me

Around the Network

I think the real issue people are having with Microsoft's announcement is that we know that Microsoft and Sony were neck to neck and Microsoft made an announcement without having Sony numbers...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

im guessing NPD has been delayed.

Ail said:
I think the real issue people are having with Microsoft's announcement is that we know that Microsoft and Sony were neck to neck and Microsoft made an announcement without having Sony numbers...

Yet they did have some numbers from Sony. Sony made the 3.9M comment before MS gave the Keynote talk at CES.  So MS may have simply said with that that they have enough information with knowing how many 360s they shipped and polling thier major retail partners to find out aproximatly how many 360s are on store floors to know a real good estimate on how many 360s have sold.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

if NPD delayed,they will announce
why so nervous

Around the Network

tagged for evidence^^

Nintendo just reported that the Gamecube sold 0 units last December. Pretty dismal performance tbh =/

haxxiy said:

Nintendo just reported that the Gamecube sold 0 units last December. Pretty dismal performance tbh =/

For a split second, like very small moment actually thought Nintendo reported something....but my eyes soon saw gamecube. 

This is boring me now. I didn't play XCOM for an hour, waiting for these numbers.

30 mins, I'll be back.

Carl2291 said:
This is boring me now. I didn't play XCOM for an hour, waiting for these numbers.

30 mins, I'll be back.

Now the numbers should come in, thanks for leaving Carl!