By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Dec: X360 #1, 1.7m, 900k - 1m Wii, PS3

Slimebeast said:
BHR-3 said:
360 3.5M+ (66M sold was really sold)
PS3 1.3-1.8
Wii around the same as PS3

U mean 66 mill shipped rite?

No, Microsoft sold 66+ million Xbox 360's to date (as of Dec. 31st.).

IGN attempted to suggest shipped, and Microsoft contacted IGN and had them correct their post and restated for the record that it was 66+ million sold through December.



Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
Slimebeast said:
BHR-3 said:
360 3.5M+ (66M sold was really sold)
PS3 1.3-1.8
Wii around the same as PS3

U mean 66 mill shipped rite?

No, Microsoft sold 66+ million Xbox 360's to date (as of Dec. 31st.).

IGN attempted to suggest shipped, and Microsoft contacted IGN and had them correct their post and restated for the record that it was 66+ million sold through December.


Well I don't believe that. Misunderstandings could have happened even if IGN contacted them for clarification. We know that Microsoft doesn't track end user sales, and had they really sold 66 million to customers that would have meant an even more impressive shipment number that they would have bragged about.

So 66 million is definitely shipped. VGC has the X360 at 64.6 million end of year BTW. 



Slimebeast said:
Adinnieken said:
Slimebeast said:
BHR-3 said:
360 3.5M+ (66M sold was really sold)
PS3 1.3-1.8
Wii around the same as PS3

U mean 66 mill shipped rite?

No, Microsoft sold 66+ million Xbox 360's to date (as of Dec. 31st.).

IGN attempted to suggest shipped, and Microsoft contacted IGN and had them correct their post and restated for the record that it was 66+ million sold through December.


Well I don't believe that. Misunderstandings could have happened even if IGN contacted them for clarification. We know that Microsoft doesn't track end user sales, and had they really sold 66 million to customers that would have meant an even more impressive shipment number that they would have bragged about.

So 66 million is definitely shipped. VGC has the X360 at 64.6 million end of year BTW. 

they track so stop trying hard. Last year they said 50M sold and it was slmodt 51M shipped.



Argh_College said:
Slimebeast said:
Adinnieken said:
Slimebeast said:
BHR-3 said:
360 3.5M+ (66M sold was really sold)
PS3 1.3-1.8
Wii around the same as PS3

U mean 66 mill shipped rite?

No, Microsoft sold 66+ million Xbox 360's to date (as of Dec. 31st.).

IGN attempted to suggest shipped, and Microsoft contacted IGN and had them correct their post and restated for the record that it was 66+ million sold through December.


Well I don't believe that. Misunderstandings could have happened even if IGN contacted them for clarification. We know that Microsoft doesn't track end user sales, and had they really sold 66 million to customers that would have meant an even more impressive shipment number that they would have bragged about.

So 66 million is definitely shipped. VGC has the X360 at 64.6 million end of year BTW. 

they track so stop trying hard. Last year they said 50M sold and it was slmodt 51M shipped.

We have no idea but the likelyhood is it's shipped, but they have tracked sold to consumer in the past and revealed those numbers. No point arguing about it though, we'll find out a week today.



 

Maybe another NPD delayed.



Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Maybe another NPD delayed.

Why do you say? We usually dont get them for another 1.5 hours.  Usually 6:30PM EST is when news starts to show up.



Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

ethomaz said:
Maybe another NPD delayed.


It's not even 10pm yet UK time...



thx1139 said:
ethomaz said:
Maybe another NPD delayed.

Why do you say? We usually dont get them for another 1.5 hours.  Usually 6:30PM EST is when news starts to show up.

Because the lastest month it was delayed and December is the hardest month to track... this time in previous month we aready have some numbers.



Pretty sure we'd know by now. NPD is released to investors at 4pm EST (2.5 hours before public release) that was an hour ago.



 

I'm not amused >:(