By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Dec: X360 #1, 1.7m, 900k - 1m Wii, PS3

Pretty clear if MS has shipped 66.5 million then sold through should be no less than 65 and really probably closer to 65.5 but understandable with holiday shipping.

Around the Network

Well whatever your view all those numbers are really bad across the board!! There were no winners.

What is strange though is again MS say the whole we are top selling console worldwide thing. So i'm guessing chances are they have done better and Sony have done worse in Europe. Either that or they are lying pretty much. But as a company you can't really do that as loads of rules they could get done for i.e trying to falsely influence stock prices with inacurate numbers.

Jexy said:
crissindahouse said:

seems like the rumors about ps4 and xbox 720 did hurt the december sales

Or that the economy sucks worse than they thought and once people bought during the after Thanksgiving sales, they stopped buying as opposed to years in the past where they would keep buying.

yeah sure can't say alot about you economy since i don't live in the states. just thought about myself and if i would have liked to get a 360 from my parents 10 years ago with these rumours  i would have said "gimme the money don't need the console" haha

Some guy did that maths in GAF.

360 Nov YTD: 5.5 million

+ "over 1.7 million"

= 7.2 ~ 7.3 million for 2011.

"More than 2.7 million ahead of 2nd place"

2nd place: 4.5~4.6 million

Nov PS3 3.6 million => at most 1 million for Dec
Nov Wii: 3.5 million => at most 1.1 million for Dec
Nov 3DS: 3.2 million => at most 1.4 million for Dec

Remember these are heavily rounded numbers.

Edit - MS never talk about handheld... so I'm removing it. 

To tell the truth I wasnt expecting this but thats because of what i've seen on vgc. People need to stop making excuses, like you were telling the ps3 fans, and except that MS might of over shipped massively. next quarter shipment results will tell you if they did because there will be a massive dip. Until then we might not know

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

Well whatever your view all those numbers are really bad across the board!! There were no winners.

What is strange though is again MS say the whole we are top selling console worldwide thing. So i'm guessing chances are they have done better and Sony have done worse in Europe. Either that or they are lying pretty much. But as a company you can't really do that as loads of rules they could get done for i.e trying to falsely influence stock prices with inacurate numbers.

i think microsoft meant america. that guy just said worldwide to make it look better.

Jexy said:
cookingyourmama said:
Seece said:
zhao3gold said:
So, PS3 100000% won 2011. Congratulations to Sony.

No? It means X360 is doing VERY well in Europe. There are not 3m X360's on shelves.

Lol no, it's not doing very well in Europe, we get to see the software charts every week and apart from the UK the 360 is barely anywhere to be seen. When Microsoft were shouting "first to 10 million wins" they overshipped just so they could say they got to 10 million. For the entire year they've been shouting how they are going to win 2011.......of course it's impossible that they overshipped to achieve that........

What are you talking about?  Right now I'm looking at VGChartz numbers for software in Europe on the front page.  Top 10 PS3:  MW3 and Fifa 12.  Top 10 360: MW3, Kinect Adventures, Fifa 12, Battlefield 3.  And there has been more 360 on there for EU than PS3 for a few weeks now.  Even total software for EU is 360 number 1, and PS3 number 2.  It would make sense for the 360 to be undertracked in hardware sales if it's that far behind yet still winning software sales.  I can't imagine the 360's attach rate is THAT much higher than the PS3 right now.

Er yeah, when Vgchartz hardware numbers for the holiday period are wrong, what chance do you think there software numbers are going to be right either? I'm talking about the individual top 10/top 40 charts that are released by chart track and other independent trackers every week. They show that apart from the UK the 360 barely has any software charting compared to the competition.

crissindahouse said:
Jexy said:
crissindahouse said:

seems like the rumors about ps4 and xbox 720 did hurt the december sales

Or that the economy sucks worse than they thought and once people bought during the after Thanksgiving sales, they stopped buying as opposed to years in the past where they would keep buying.

yeah sure can't say alot about you economy since i don't live in the states. just thought about myself and if i would have liked to get a 360 from my parents 10 years ago with these rumours  i would have said "gimme the money don't need the console" haha

Europe's economy is way worse than the States, so really, its the two major territories for gaming.  People can talk about the Yen being a problem, but for consumers it's great.  It means their money buys more stuff for less.  But from what I heard, people were more apt to buy one big thing and a few little things this year, as in, maybe a 360 for one kid, and an ipod for another, etc... instead of everyone getting a game console or a TV etc.  Cost of living around the world continues to rise, yet wages fall.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Hyruken said:

They are the top selling console in US? Did they actually say worldwide?

Where is Nintendo???????????????????????