By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Dec: X360 #1, 1.7m, 900k - 1m Wii, PS3

Any number over 800k for PS3 is UP YoY... good.

Around the Network

Guess people here are unfamiliar with the term Channel stuffing. We are literally swimming on 360s here. The local stores have each hundreds since weeks. MS did a really good job at convincing retailers to buy such a vast amount. They are doing everything to keep the PS3 behind.

hatmoza said:
Am I gonna get in trouble if I say embarrassing?

No, this is really embarassing.

Vgchartz should really adress this issue, it will only give them more credibility to fix issues that are found. This overtracking is massive, almost 40%.

Troll_Whisperer said:
WTF? 360 1.7m in december?? While having 46% of the share???????

Man, how off was VGC, for the 360 that's like 400,000 off a week average!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Four. Hundred. Thousand... a week!

hey pachter said 1.7 million for ps3 and he is a rich man making analysis what do you say about that? he is a useless person haha

forest-spirit said:
I wonder what spin Nintendo is cooking for their PR.

That Wii install base in USA is 39M and 51M for DS, http://www.computerandvideogames.com/330938/nintendo-clears-4-million-3ds-units-sold-in-us/

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

As for overall numbers, it looks like Nintendo is launching Wii U has a right moment for the HW market.

mehm said:
Guess people here are unfamiliar with the term Channel stuffing. We are literally swimming on 360s here. The local stores have each hundreds since weeks. MS did a really good job at convincing retailers to buy such a vast amount. They are doing everything to keep the PS3 behind.

I guess the amazing 360's performance in November helped MS to convincing retailers.

I'll refrain from shouting out strange comments untill ALL the numbers are actually in.

But I agree with Seece, 3M consoles on shelves is unlikely.

As for this thread, it's like the akward conversations I have with the girl that never quite became my girlfriend. :-p

Edit: double post.

Seece said:
zhao3gold said:
So, PS3 100000% won 2011. Congratulations to Sony.

No? It means X360 is doing VERY well in Europe. There are not 3m X360's on shelves.

Does VGC have X360 undertracked in EU and over in Americas?  I'm just confused by these numbers because it means VGC is way off I think?

BOOM!  FACE KICK!