By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Dec: X360 #1, 1.7m, 900k - 1m Wii, PS3

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Hyruken said:

Well whatever your view all those numbers are really bad across the board!! There were no winners.

What is strange though is again MS say the whole we are top selling console worldwide thing. So i'm guessing chances are they have done better and Sony have done worse in Europe. Either that or they are lying pretty much. But as a company you can't really do that as loads of rules they could get done for i.e trying to falsely influence stock prices with inacurate numbers.

i think microsoft meant america. that guy just said worldwide to make it look better.

That would be false then. Simply because they have repeated it three times now. And it backs up what IGN said about seeking confirmation. You can't give out a press release multiple times with made up figures as that sends a msg to the stock holders that your doing better then you really are. Your not allowed to do anything like that. They said 66m and said worldwide multiple times over multiple days, if it was an error it would of been corrected by now.

Around the Network
cookingyourmama said:
Jexy said:
cookingyourmama said:
Seece said:
zhao3gold said:
So, PS3 100000% won 2011. Congratulations to Sony.

No? It means X360 is doing VERY well in Europe. There are not 3m X360's on shelves.

Lol no, it's not doing very well in Europe, we get to see the software charts every week and apart from the UK the 360 is barely anywhere to be seen. When Microsoft were shouting "first to 10 million wins" they overshipped just so they could say they got to 10 million. For the entire year they've been shouting how they are going to win 2011.......of course it's impossible that they overshipped to achieve that........

What are you talking about?  Right now I'm looking at VGChartz numbers for software in Europe on the front page.  Top 10 PS3:  MW3 and Fifa 12.  Top 10 360: MW3, Kinect Adventures, Fifa 12, Battlefield 3.  And there has been more 360 on there for EU than PS3 for a few weeks now.  Even total software for EU is 360 number 1, and PS3 number 2.  It would make sense for the 360 to be undertracked in hardware sales if it's that far behind yet still winning software sales.  I can't imagine the 360's attach rate is THAT much higher than the PS3 right now.

Er yeah, when Vgchartz hardware numbers for the holiday period are wrong, what chance do you think there software numbers are going to be right either? I'm talking about the individual top 10/top 40 charts that are released by chart track and other independent trackers every week. They show that apart from the UK the 360 barely has any software charting compared to the competition.

i know what your saying. i saw a nintendo chart with europe software sales and there was hardly any 360 games in the top 20 for most countrys. 360 does well in UK though, always better than ps3.

Think that I will spend some time away from VGC. It is going to take some time for number to get adjusted. This month is a shocker.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Really is time for a new generation! 720 end of 2012 wouldn't be such a bonkers idea after all, who'd have thought it.

Now I'm waiting the Big N PR to know the PS3 sales (using the MS market share).

Around the Network
Jexy said:
crissindahouse said:
Jexy said:
crissindahouse said:

seems like the rumors about ps4 and xbox 720 did hurt the december sales

Or that the economy sucks worse than they thought and once people bought during the after Thanksgiving sales, they stopped buying as opposed to years in the past where they would keep buying.

yeah sure can't say alot about you economy since i don't live in the states. just thought about myself and if i would have liked to get a 360 from my parents 10 years ago with these rumours  i would have said "gimme the money don't need the console" haha

Europe's economy is way worse than the States, so really, its the two major territories for gaming.  People can talk about the Yen being a problem, but for consumers it's great.  It means their money buys more stuff for less.  But from what I heard, people were more apt to buy one big thing and a few little things this year, as in, maybe a 360 for one kid, and an ipod for another, etc... instead of everyone getting a game console or a TV etc.  Cost of living around the world continues to rise, yet wages fall.

depends how you look at it. there are some shitty countries but many are very good as well. it's just when one ore two contries are shit (greece, italy, spain) than the euro is fucked and it looks like whole europes economy is bad but that's no true germany's for example is very good atm but still our euro here in germany is fucked^^

i really have the feeling seeing americans talking about europe you see us more as one than we europeans do and should see us. it's sad but theres much hate atm between some countries we are really not "one europe" like we should be

JerCotter7 said:
Hyruken said:

Well whatever your view all those numbers are really bad across the board!! There were no winners.

What is strange though is again MS say the whole we are top selling console worldwide thing. So i'm guessing chances are they have done better and Sony have done worse in Europe. Either that or they are lying pretty much. But as a company you can't really do that as loads of rules they could get done for i.e trying to falsely influence stock prices with inacurate numbers.

They are the top selling console in US? Did they actually say worldwide?

Yes, worldwide, and going by how badly they overtracked all consoles in the us and how they overtracked ps3 by 80k in france compared to 44k for 360 it is not that hard to argue that vgchartz is overtracking ps3 in europe and undertracking 360 in europe.

There has never been 3 million consoles on shelves so they have to be making it up in europe or other americas.

Hyruken said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Hyruken said:

i think microsoft meant america. that guy just said worldwide to make it look better.

That would be false then. Simply because they have repeated it three times now. And it backs up what IGN said about seeking confirmation. You can't give out a press release multiple times with made up figures as that sends a msg to the stock holders that your doing better then you really are. Your not allowed to do anything like that. They said 66m and said worldwide multiple times over multiple days, if it was an error it would of been corrected by now.

i dont know man. if 360 did outsell ps3 worldwide, then it must have really outperformed it in europe but thats just so unlike things. ps3 is usually a beast in europe.

ethomaz said:
Now I'm waiting the Big N PR to know the PS3 sales (using the MS market share).

Pretty sure it's not coming, if memory serves me right it always comes before this time. And it looks like they havn't got anything amazing to shout about if all consoles are that low. Hopefully they do though.

it seems Ms won the shipping war in 2011. there are tons of consoles in warehouses. lol

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)