By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global is Up - 7th January 2012

PS3 up yoy... nice... waiting the full chart.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:

PS3 is gonna outsell 360 until Halo, Kinect Star Wars or a price cut. The weekly gap between the two should shrink next week as Japan exits the holiday season though. 3DS still doing great. Curious to see how Wii will fare until the WiiU launch.

Well Kinect Star Wars is in April so it's not that far off but far enough.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

kowenicki said:
Areym said:

Nice PS3 sales. I'm guessing MS will have to make a price cut soon otherwise, if this keeps up, the gap will shrink pretty fast unless a console selling game on the 360 is coming out soon which I am not aware of. I'm not expecting a 100k+ lead every week but still.

Poor Vita, no love whatsoever in Japan.

last year the gap was  bigger for this week.... we know how that turned out dont we.

No I don't actually. I'm not knowledgeable on how these sales, YoY and crap works and I don't keep up/compare sales from last year (at least not often)

I just make basic, simplistic comments on how I see things later down the road. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

PSP sales are pretty impressive if you ask me. :)

^_^

PSP outselling DS is pretty weird thing to see after all those DS domination years. Otherwise 3DS doing great, PS3 and X360 good and Wii bad.

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

PS3 is gonna outsell 360 until Halo, Kinect Star Wars or a price cut. The weekly gap between the two should shrink next week as Japan exits the holiday season though. 3DS still doing great. Curious to see how Wii will fare until the WiiU launch.

Well Kinect Star Wars is in April so it's not that far off but far enough.

Is that confirmed, I've seen a rumor because Amazon listed it, but unofficial release dates change on Amazon a lot.

hatmoza said:
Panama said:
America seems to have warmed up to the PS3 in the end.

Blacksaber is proof of that. He only recently got a PS3.

I have yet to order it yet thanks to being sick and work before I start my next semester of college, but I will be ording tonight and I'm going with your suggestion of Yakuza 3 as my secondary game.  I now just need to decide on Android to Cassette Player for my Car and the PS3 will be sent!

Former something....

Surprised to see Europe HW sales so much more than Americas.

the new tracking system throws me off, seems like ioi should switch back to showing where exactly every piece of hardware is being sold.
Im sure there are reasons for the new ambiguity though.
Does anyone know why its tracked this way now?

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

This week(and last weeks) numbers are proof that marketing sells Xbox 360s. The holidays are over and 360 drops like a stone.