I like it when you are unoriginal, Rol! 20 4.13%

Total:482
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
If you don't see a why to the Wii success you are one of the many think that only exclusives that sells can enter in good games party.

It's the same as it was for the PS2, there's more under the "what they want to let you believe" part.

I am concerned about why, for the Wii, nobody wants to realize that.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the PS2 was not the same as Wii, PS2 got 3rd party support coming out of its ass. ANd it moved quite a bit of hardware. PS2 versions of mulitplats almost always outsold the others. THe wii was the opposite which is strange for a lead console. Not saying that the Wii wasnt a success, but it wasnt dominating like PS2

Third party was alot different back then though almost all of the major third parties had some sort of exclusive title on the PS2, the was no DMC, FF etc... on any other console that's a big factor in its success, today how ever third parties have to be multiplatform as the cost of development forces it.

Well there you go... probably the main reason why Wii was never going to pull a PS2. Even if it got some of the games that the HDs got (Portal2, DMC4, RE5), the version would have been so chopped up that most people would opt for the HD/PC version anyway, just like they do now.

Portal 2, ok...but, DMC4 and RE5? Are these good games anyways?

I'm talking about good gameplay, i don't care about HD if those games are not gonna last more than 10 hours with copy/paste things from other games making them look all the same.

I mean that in the reference by Wii/PS2, they have both introduced new standards in gameplay genres.

I see your point and RE5 and DMC4 arent bad games they are just not the  best in the series but they sold  well, so people must like it.    Could they have made a DMC4 without all the graphics for Wii?? Maybe, but why spend the money on getting another deve team to do it when they would not buy that much anyway?? RE5, is more than just HD visuals.  Would the ally AI be able to work as well on inferiour tech?? Will the local MP be as smooth?? Would they be able to even get online in their considering how poor the Wii online is??  These are thing s to think about, when someone says a game would not work on Wii, they are not saying it just to troll, their are some things it just cant handle

For every question i say this: Xenoblade Chronicles for the offline, and The Last Story for the online.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Around the Network
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
If you don't see a why to the Wii success you are one of the many think that only exclusives that sells can enter in good games party.

It's the same as it was for the PS2, there's more under the "what they want to let you believe" part.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the PS2 was not the same as Wii, PS2 got 3rd party support coming out of its ass. ANd it moved quite a bit of hardware. PS2 versions of mulitplats almost always outsold the others. THe wii was the opposite which is strange for a lead console. Not saying that the Wii wasnt a success, but it wasnt dominating like PS2

Third party was alot different back then though almost all of the major third parties had some sort of exclusive title on the PS2, the was no DMC, FF etc... on any other console that's a big factor in its success, today how ever third parties have to be multiplatform as the cost of development forces it.

Well there you go... probably the main reason why Wii was never going to pull a PS2. Even if it got some of the games that the HDs got (Portal2, DMC4, RE5), the version would have been so chopped up that most people would opt for the HD/PC version anyway, just like they do now.

I'm talking about good gameplay, i don't care about HD if those games are not gonna last more than 10 hours with copy/paste things from other games making them look all the same.

I mean that in the reference by Wii/PS2, they have both introduced new standards in gameplay genres.

I see your point and RE5 and DMC4 arent bad games they are just not the  best in the series but they sold  well, so people must like it.    Could they have made a DMC4 without all the graphics for Wii?? Maybe, but why spend the money on getting another deve team to do it when they would not buy that much anyway?? RE5, is more than just HD visuals.  Would the ally AI be able to work as well on inferiour tech?? Will the local MP be as smooth?? Would they be able to even get online in their considering how poor the Wii online is??  These are thing s to think about, when someone says a game would not work on Wii, they are not saying it just to troll, their are some things it just cant handle

For every question i say this: Xenoblade Chronicles for the offline, and The Last Story for the online.

Maybe, but ther is nothing ive seen from Xenoblade that leads me to believe that that couldnt have been done on a loast gen console. But that might be your point, that you dont need uber hardware to have good games. However that nots really pushing games forward, where were the Fallouts, Elder Scrolls, GTA4s, Red dead, etc.   As for Last story, have not heard anything about online for that. but it could be alright. maybe they didnt screw it up like they did Brawl

oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:

Maybe, but ther is nothing ive seen from Xenoblade that leads me to believe that that couldnt have been done on a loast gen console. But that might be your point, that you dont need uber hardware to have good games. However that nots really pushing games forward, where were the Fallouts, Elder Scrolls, GTA4s, Red dead, etc.   As for Last story, have not heard anything about online for that. but it could be alright. maybe they didnt screw it up like they did Brawl

That's my point, i'm lucky the elder scrolls and gta are on PC, and i didn't like fallout neither red dead, fallout for usless exploration and red dead for i don't like western.

For The Last Story, i'm European and i can confirm it have coop online (yeah, for a JPRG because the game it's in real time and really strategical) and also a mode where you take your character on a sort of arena when you battle on 1vs1 or in a brawl.

Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:

That's my point, i'm lucky the elder scrolls and gta are on PC, and i didn't like fallout neither red dead, fallout for usless exploration and red dead for i don't like western.

For The Last Story, i'm European and i can confirm it have coop online (yeah, for a JPRG because the game it's in real time and really strategical) and also a mode where you take your character on a sort of arena when you battle on 1vs1 or in a brawl.

thats kind of my point, you still NEED a PC to play those games, you still need another platform OTHER than WIi to get those experiences, thats what i was getting at the WII simply does not do a great job of covering all the bases when it comes to variety of genres. 

Interesting, sounds kind of what they did with the KH portable games. Does it run smooth would be my concern, because online and WIi have been hit or miss

oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:
oniyide said:
Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:

thats kind of my point, you still NEED a PC to play those games, you still need another platform OTHER than WIi to get those experiences, thats what i was getting at the WII simply does not do a great job of covering all the bases when it comes to variety of genres. 

Interesting, sounds kind of what they did with the KH portable games. Does it run smooth would be my concern, because online and WIi have been hit or miss

I have a good PC, it's my point i talk for myself...for who else?

I didn't care about HD console, like people like to call them, they have short games in exclusives, the last proof is Uncharted 3 (witch they also bother me calling it an adventure and talking about that like the new Tomb Raider) i've never seen a game that has taken me to 100% more than 30 hours, when i was playing it by friends. All of the kind that make past that point are always multiplatform and the good one are always for PC. That's because Steam, you can see an article in this site talking good of it, has taken rule and it make sell good even for PC versions of the game.

2-3 years ago PC games where disappearing, look at it now.

I am a fan of many Nintendo sagas since the SNES, so i want them, the money's not infinite in this era...so i will have PC and i didn't miss anything of what i wanted. Maybe i'm luck with genres.

Plus, i don't like the fact that HD console exclusive games have anything thinked but gameplay, they copy that from a game of the same genre and adjust it, maybe doing it even wrong.

Games exclusives for HD console, that i really wanted to play are really few. They are:  Heavy Rain, Halo Anniversary Edition and Sly Cooper 4 (witch it's not even out i think so it may be still a fail)

I am concerned about WiiU, because i have the fear that will happen even in it's exclusive, but i MUST have faith, because, like i said, i really love Nintendo sagas.

Around the Network

Can most of us agree that it's a huge success that still had a lot of potential left, but Ninty unforgivably wasted?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Can most of us agree that it's a huge success that still had a lot of potential left, but Ninty unforgivably wasted?

Not by Nintendo.

Araknie said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Not by Nintendo.

2010 sales show us that with little more effort Ninty could have kept Wii alive and kicking long enough to outsell PS2 lifetime. The decline from its incredible peak already made more ambitious goals a lot more difficult to achieve, but do your maths, with a less steep sales drop from 2010, 150M lifetime would have been feasible and with a little more effort, even 160M, now Wii can hope to range between a most pessimistic 115M to a most optimistic 130M. Enough to become the second best selling home console ever by a large margin, but first place was at reach, I call this a wasted opportunity.

All this, though, don't deny that Wii is a very successful product, rather the fact that there still was a quite large potential left after all that it already achieved, makes it one of the most incredible and successful home consoles ever. We're talking about selling more than 100M not only with little effort, but with little 3rd party support and wasting opportunities too, no console ever will be able to achieve this again.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Araknie said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Not by Nintendo.

2010 sales show us that with little more effort Ninty could have kept Wii alive and kicking long enough to outsell PS2 lifetime. The decline from its incredible peak already made more ambitious goals a lot more difficult to achieve, but do your maths, with a less steep sales drop from 2010, 150M lifetime would have been feasible and with a little more effort, even 160M, now Wii can hope to range between a most pessimistic 115M to a most optimistic 130M. Enough to become the second best selling home console ever by a large margin, but first place was at reach, I call this a wasted opportunity.

All this, though, don't deny that Wii is a very successful product, rather the fact that there still was a quite large potential left after all that it already achieved, makes it one of the most incredible and successful home consoles ever. We're talking about selling more than 100M not only with little effort, but with little 3rd party support and wasting opportunities too, no console ever will be able to achieve this again.

I cant understand how we have no new Mario Golf/Tennis, games tailor made for wiimote and people are still saying that Ninty didnt wast potential

@arakanie, you are still not getting my point, as a console and a market leader at that, the Wii does a piss poor job standing on its own. PS2 did a better job at that, as did PS1 and hell even SNES. The fact that you game on your PC supports that