By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo coming to consoles (confirmed?)

Tagged games:

haxxiy said:
blkfish92 said:
My guess is it won't be 3, but a different game.

Why expend money in a new title instead of porting the one you spent years and years developing?

Diablo: Console Exclusive! due out Dec. 2016.

Around the Network

Sorry, I just had to do it.

Diablo isn't a franchise, it's a series. Out of the 2 games already released there is no media business involving the Diablo trademark....Nevermind...Everyone does it and even wikipedia has it listed under video game franchises. Not sure how it can be considered a franchise though.

fillet said:

Diablo isn't a franchise, it's a series. Out of the 2 games already released there is no media business involving the Diablo trademark....Nevermind...Everyone does it and even wikipedia has it listed under video game franchises. Not sure how it can be considered a franchise though.

Here on VGC a game series is always called a franchise.

I'm not a pc gamer,so I'd try this out.

Around the Network

Maybe it will be Diablo: Ghost.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last Blizzard game on consoles was The Lost Vikings for SNES. Diablo III has been rumoured to be releasing for several years now, and I don't think Blizzard will choose now to get back into console development and delay the release even further. If there is a Diablo console project, it's likely a different team and a different game (it could well be a repackaged Diablo I and II).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

You had to mention the word Ghost...  Why!!! Why!!!

Kantor said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last Blizzard game on consoles was The Lost Vikings for SNES. Diablo III has been rumoured to be releasing for several years now, and I don't think Blizzard will choose now to get back into console development and delay the release even further. If there is a Diablo console project, it's likely a different team and a different game (it could well be a repackaged Diablo I and II).

Times have changed dude.

Consoles is where the money's at, and there's nothing about Diablo that makes it technically difficult to do on consoles.

Also, Not only have Diablo games been on consoles in the past (Diablo 1), but Warcraft games too....and that was on a  33mhz PS1. 

These days, Blizzard's about making cash.....there's no better Blizzard game than Diablo 3 that should appear on Consoles. 

Times have changed dude.

This has to be the most repeated rumour for the entire gen ...

Machina said:

Moo

thereisnocowlevel