By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ff13-2 demo out

Tagged games:

Ssliasil said:
hatmoza said:

So far, this is the same thing I played at E3 -Atlas' arm fight. But the music is a lot crappier than I remember. Maybe because it was so loud there I didn't realize how terrible the soundtrack was.

I changed the Pedgrem ... whatever it's called to attack/magic, and spammed x until the in-game button sequence popped-up. Nothing new so far. I've played this demo 7 months ago.

The Demo goes FAR beyond the atlas arm fight...It actually has 5 hours of gameplay if you want to capture/level all monsters to max + complete every side mission

I'm still playing as we speak. I paused and had to go to the bathroom ten minutes ago xD. It's times like this when I wish remote play worked with all games!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
hatmoza said:

So far, this is the same thing I played at E3 -Atlas' arm fight. But the music is a lot crappier than I remember. Maybe because it was so loud there I didn't realize how terrible the soundtrack was.

I changed the Pedgrem ... whatever it's called to attack/magic, and spammed x until the in-game button sequence popped-up. Nothing new so far. I've played this demo 7 months ago.

The Demo goes FAR beyond the atlas arm fight...It actually has 5 hours of gameplay if you want to capture/level all monsters to max + complete every side mission

Ok now that I played it all, yep, it is the exact demo at E3, only difference is I had the 90 minutes to explore everything this time.I only leveled up my cait sith and purchased a few accessories and upgraded the weapons. Jesus, it's just a demo, I'm not going to level every monster I catch to max >_>

I'm going to have to pass on the game. I'm honestly trying to like it, but I simply can't.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Impressions sound awesome so far.
Best part is that hatmoza doesn't like it which will guarantee me a whole lot of enjoyment once the game comes out

Pretty good .
Great sense of exploration , great graphics and animation , good battle system , good new features ( mog , caching monsters , cinematic cutscenes).
what's bad is something I can't specific for sure ( just like XIII ) , I think it is the characters and the world that fails to suck me in no matter what.
I'll be getting it for sure , but not immediately .

Rob-Ot said:
I like how when you talk to Chocolina on the stairs the NPC's deicide to jump up the blocked railings to get past you. Also when you press L1 to make the moogle find treasure people come round to see what it's doing. Very nice touch.

Yeah! There's a lot of tiny details now, and the surrounding environments feel much more alive than the clinical ones from FF XIII.

The battle system, although mostly the same, feels much better mostly due to the seemless Paradigm changes compared to XIII in which the first one had to be done at the right moment, because the action would pause for your characters but not for the monsters...  All in all, the demo convinced me that they've improved everything gameplay-wise over its predecessor.  

So far, the only things I'm still concerned about are the characters...  Noel didn't manage to convince me in that demo...

Around the Network

I love how noel fights seems to hit a nice amount. I didn't really do the side quests though I will when it releases though,

Yesterday, I couldn't wait to download this demo. Now that I'm sure I plan on buying this game, I think I'll pass on the demo and experience the game fresh when I get it. Glad to hear you guys like it, though.