By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who is the greatest military commander in history?

Little Jimmy Raynor

Around the Network

Alexander von Humboldt.

Greates conqueror(?) ever. Half the world is still in love with him.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Ghandi he fought his battles with out shedding blood. That is the mark of a true genius.

pezus said:
Johann said:
MrBubbles said:
pezus said:
Robb Stark I'd say, he never lost and he was only like 15-16 years old

SPOILERS

what?  pretty sure being decapitated, having a wolf head sewn in its place and then left floating in a river counts as having lost.

I'm still on the beggining of book 2, you dick!

Way to ruin it!

I just recently read that part. He almost spoiled it for me too. I told him to edit, why the fuck didn't he edit?

it isnt much of a spoiler. with all the people that die it should be perfectly clear that everyone dies, their deaths should be expected well in advance.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I'd say Rommel - Alexander had greatest and best trained soldiers of his own times under his command, Patton had superior resources and total air superiority while heRommel only had inferior tanks , less forces and problems with supplies but still won many battles.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

No body ever mentions him ... maybe it has to do with him being an arabic muslim, but Khalid bin elwalid.

I'm not big on history, but with the little knowledge I know, I believe he never lost a war he fought back in the day. I'll even shoot from the hip and say I believe he defeated Mohamed before Khalid converted to Islam.

I'm not saying he's my top pick just that he's never mentioned.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

lordmandeep said:
What about Khalid ibn al-Walid or the Sword of God.

He was a General who sided with the Prophet Mohammed when Islam was created. He helped secure Islam in Arabia then conquered Iraq, captured Syria and Damascus, Jerusalem and most of the Holy land.

I am not Muslim, however he was never defeated and was able to defeat the Byzantine and Persian Empires in conflicts.

He was actually so talented he even defeated the Prophet Mohammed in a battle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_ibn_al-Walid

People wonder how Islam spread so fast and he was a big reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_ibn_al-Walid

I feel like such a dumbass now.

I vow to read threads completely before ever posting.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I have no idea.

"Ghandi he fought his battles with out shedding blood. That is the mark of a true genius."

True but in the end it led to far more violence then anyone thought possible (Partition Riots)

Also people were killed in protests even though they were peaceful.

pezus said:
Robb Stark I'd say, he never lost and he was only like 15-16 years old

If we include fictional ones, then I'd say Grand Fenwick's Field Marshal Tully Bascomb.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!