By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Bully gets stabbed, ruled self-defence.

lordmandeep said:

remember this is the US, you have to go quite far to be accused of excessive self defense. Remember the case of the guy shooting and killing 3 guys who he say robbing his neighbours house and was seen as a hero.

Almost for certain the kid would be charged for murder or manslaughter in Canada. I think in Canada the self defense laws are in simple words "sissy". For example if someone robs your house and you hit him with a baseball bat its okay, hit one to many times and the police make you the villain. A lot of people need to remember in Canada, that our self defense laws are very restricted. Living beside the US makes a lot of think we can beat the crap out of anyone who threatens us, but that is not the case.

However the law is being relaxed due to the infamous Chinese Grocery store incident in Toronto. What happened was a crazy guy robbed a grocery store, the guy came back and an employee detained him. The police came by and arrested both of them. You see in Canada, you cannot citizen arrest someone if they leave the place of a crime and come back.
So what happened is they gave the robber a plea deal to testify against the employee being accused of forceable confinement and assault. It went to court however there was such a public response that it was dismissed and the Prime Minister stepped in and declared the employee a hero.

It was quite a sad and controversial affair, as most Canadians saw the whole court case as pointless. The problem is elites in Canada want people to have no individual right to defend themselves and to rely  and have full faith and confidence in the authorities. No one is asking for the Castle doctrine, but the rules need to be changed and they are.

Another famous case was a drug store owner who shot a thief and was vilifed as a murderer and a jury said he was no guilty. However in Alberta guys were trying to blow up a firebomb at a house and the farmer started shooting in the air to scare them away and was charged.

Sounds like another area to pile on the heap of things US does far better than Canada. In every example you listed, the person defending themselves or their property would have been perfectly safe.

lestatdark said:

I ask you this: Do you have any right to take the life of someone else's son or daughter?

As for the question about the killed kids family... who cares? They should have taught their kid to be good people instead of an asshole. Its their fault, not the kid who DEFENDED HIMSELF AND POTENTIALLY HIS LIFE. So, yes I absolutely have the right to take anyone's life when they are threatening my life.

You have to consider the larger area here. This wasn't a one time issue, this was a continuous attack from a bully and potentially his friends over and over again. The bullied kid even went so far to avoid them by taking different routes home. They sought him out to do harm and eventually it very well could have moved on to his own severe injury or death.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

I ask you this: Do you have any right to take the life of someone else's son or daughter?

As for the question about the killed kids family... who cares? They should have taught their kid to be good people instead of an asshole. Its their fault, not the kid who DEFENDED HIMSELF AND POTENTIALLY HIS LIFE. So, yes I absolutely have the right to take anyone's life when they are threatening my life.

You have to consider the larger area here. This wasn't a one time issue, this was a continuous attack from a bully and potentially his friends over and over again. The bullied kid even went so far to avoid them by taking different routes home. They sought him out to do harm and eventually it very well could have moved on to his own severe injury or death.

Who cares about the family? What kind of abhorent mentality is that? 

So, just because the kid was a bully, do you think his parents never teached him to be a good person or didn't care? Do you know most parents don't know about their kids being bullies because either the school doesn't do anything about it or the bullying is done hidden from view? Don't you think the bully's parents loved their kid just as much the victim's kid parents did? 

Don't patronize me about how bullying occurs, I know perfectly right how it goes and everything that you do to avoid it and still never working because the aggressions continue, I lived through that hell for two years. Still that doesn't justify murdering someone. 

You know what, I'm through with this topic. The disregard I see for another's life is excrutiantgly high and it sincerely sickens me. "An eýe for an eye will make the world go blind".

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
lestatdark said:

Who cares about the family? What kind of abhorent mentality is that? 

So, just because the kid was a bully, do you think his parents never teached him to be a good person or didn't care? Do you know most parents don't know about their kids being bullies because either the school doesn't do anything about it or the bullying is done hidden from view? Don't you think the bully's parents loved their kid just as much the victim's kid parents did? 

Don't patronize me about how bullying occurs, I know perfectly right how it goes and everything that you do to avoid it and still never working because the aggressions continue, I lived through that hell for two years. Still that doesn't justify murdering someone. 

You know what, I'm through with this topic. The disregard I see for another's life is excrutiantgly high and it sincerely sickens me. "An eýe for an eye will make the world go blind".

You're missing the massive point that should be smacking you in the face.

This wasn't just a bully where you get a little push here or there, some name calling etc. This was a situation where the kid's overall health and potentially his life was clearly in danger. If you're life is in danger, you shouldn't be conserned with how the attacker's family will feel. You should do what it takes to protect your life.

If you were bullied for years, then you allowed it to continue. You should have stopped it at all costs from the very beginning. Get parents/teachers/etc involved. If its beyond harrassment and continues to the point where you greatly fear for your life, then so be it. You must defend your own life first and foremost.

Naum said:

This is the right way to handle a bully :)

That is AWESOME!! That kid is my hero XD

SnakeDrake said:
I remembered this speech in a movie ones, which I'm not going to say which movie to save my dignity.

A bully is either:
1: A caveman with an under developed brain
2: Inside them a little girl just wants to pop out
3: Just has a small wiener

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCXXH3QTm7o 

This ring a bell?

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
i wonder if the parents of the deceased can sue the school for not taking action against something they should have known was going on.

I've gotta think they'll try. 

By the sound of it this bullying was going on for a long time, the school should have been aware of it and stopped it before it became this serious. 

thranx said:
amp316 said:
The bullies deserved to get their butts kicked, but a knife was too much. As big a pricks as the provokers were, I'm sure that they didn't plan to kill the kid. He should have maced the guy and not stabbed him. That would have put an end to it right there. You ever seen anyone maced? It's not pretty.

Did he have mace? What would you do when confronted with vioelnce against you? Its easy to say do this or do that to cause less harm, but how about those kids dont cause him harm so he has to defend himself. Anyone who is willing to harm others has everything coming to them that happens. It was their choice to put them selves in that spot not his. They could have chosen to not bother others and keep to themselves. Personal responisiblity.

I have been confronted with violence before by a group.  I fought back (and got my ass kicked) , but after that was left alone.  Normally bullies don't like it when you fight back.  I said that the guy could have gotten mace, because if he went to get a knife - it means that the kid took the time to think about what he was doing and that would have been a better alternative.  Now I agree that bullies deserve getting their teeth punched down their throats, but stabbing someone to death is never the right solution.  The original victim should have went to the school with his problem, and if they didn't do anything he should have went to the police.  If they didn't do anything, then mace in the eyes.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Something similar happened in my home district, where a kid got lured into an ambush with intent to do him serious harm (though probably not kill him) and he ended up killing the aggressor, but the situation should really never come to this.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

amp316 said:
thranx said:
amp316 said:
The bullies deserved to get their butts kicked, but a knife was too much. As big a pricks as the provokers were, I'm sure that they didn't plan to kill the kid. He should have maced the guy and not stabbed him. That would have put an end to it right there. You ever seen anyone maced? It's not pretty.

Did he have mace? What would you do when confronted with vioelnce against you? Its easy to say do this or do that to cause less harm, but how about those kids dont cause him harm so he has to defend himself. Anyone who is willing to harm others has everything coming to them that happens. It was their choice to put them selves in that spot not his. They could have chosen to not bother others and keep to themselves. Personal responisiblity.

I have been confronted with violence before by a group.  I fought back (and got my ass kicked) , but after that was left alone.  Normally bullies don't like it when you fight back.  I said that the guy could have gotten mace, because if he went to get a knife - it means that the kid took the time to think about what he was doing and that would have been a better alternative.  Now I agree that bullies deserve getting their teeth punched down their throats, but stabbing someone to death is never the right solution.  The original victim should have went to the school with his problem, and if they didn't do anything he should have went to the police.  If they didn't do anything, then mace in the eyes.

Being hit in the face with that seems worse than being stabbed to me.

Mistershine said:
amp316 said:
thranx said:
amp316 said:

Being hit in the face with that seems worse than being stabbed to me.

Maybe you're right...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger