By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should guns be outlawed in America?

leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
Its not about home defense or hunting. Its about making sure the people can always "take care" of the government if they overstep their bounds, which America has apparently forgotten.

That sounds ridiculous and totally not feasible in this day and age.

I doubt a group of rednecks could topple the American government.

I doubt a group of 3rd world muslims could topple the American millitary. Oh wait.

I would hardly say they toppled the American military. It's barely even a war, soldiers are meant to fight, not play hide and seek.

Around the Network

Gun SHOULD never be outlawed in america and more importantly guns WILL never be outlawed. I know people that come here specifically because of freedoms to purchase firearms. The feeling of power and security is amazing

brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
Its not about home defense or hunting. Its about making sure the people can always "take care" of the government if they overstep their bounds, which America has apparently forgotten.

I doubt a group of 3rd world muslims could topple the American millitary. Oh wait.

I would hardly say they toppled the American military. It's barely even a war, soldiers are meant to fight, not play hide and seek.

Soldiers are expected to win, which they did. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

There's no point in outlawing guns in the U.S. because it's too easy to get one illegally. On that note owning a gun for "security" is stupid. The criminal with nothing to lose will come out the winner 9 times out of 10 unless you're hyper paranoid and expect to be attacked 24/7.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:

The Iraqis managed to kill 4000 american soldiers in 10 years. The USA government won't concede the United States unless they lose their entire army. Ofc that is most likely to happen as I believe nearly all US soldiers will defect, but if they don't, it will be a bloody slaughter. Yes the civilians will be able to kill footsoldiers and destroy humvees and trucks, but what will they do against attack helecoptors, tanks, battleships, and jets, ballistic missles, and propaganda. 

Either way never going to happen. If enough people are discontent with the government they will relect new candidates. The media/corporations/etc. can only sway civilians so much, and if the government decides to ignore or obviously rig elections, the USA military would obviously not intervein if the people start rebellion. And if a specific group of people apposes the will of the majority they will fail as well. Contorary to popular belief, Republicans are not the only ones with guns. Over 30% of independants and democrats own guns, so even if most Republicans are the ones that decide to rebel, there will still be more people on the opposing side with guns.

Back to the original topic. Guns should obviously be legal to own in the United States. There are hundreds of millions of them here already. Ilegalizing them would serve no purpose, and not work. Whether for better or worse, guns will always be part of an American's life.

Around the Network
enrageorange said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:

The Iraqis managed to kill 4000 american soldiers in 10 years. The USA government won't concede the United States unless they lose their entire army. Ofc that is most likely to happen as I believe nearly all US soldiers will defect, but if they don't, it will be a bloody slaughter. Yes the civilians will be able to kill footsoldiers and destroy humvees and trucks, but what will they do against attack helecoptors, tanks, battleships, and jets, ballistic missles, and propaganda. 

Either way never going to happen. If enough people are discontent with the government they will relect new candidates. The media/corporations/etc. can only sway civilians so much, and if the government decides to ignore or obviously rig elections, the USA military would obviously not intervein if the people start rebellion. And if a specific group of people apposes the will of the majority they will fail as well. Contorary to popular belief, Republicans are not the only ones with guns. Over 30% of independants and democrats own guns, so even if most Republicans are the ones that decide to rebel, there will still be more people on the opposing side with guns.

So Vietnam was a victory by these standards? 

How much more obvious do they need to get? 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:

lol

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:

Win what?

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

I'd say keep guns for the police and soldiers. the days of hunting in the wilds like in the 1800s is over in my opinion.

They should make bullets expansive instead. Like $600 per round. If someone got shot, you know they must have done something to worth a $600 bullet. I wont be surprised if the shooter went back for the bullet.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Galaki said:
If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns. Why can't people understand that?

I think they do.  Vast majority of the people here seem to get that.

Most of the guns used in crime are illegal anyway and unregistered/stolen.  Most of the guns used in self defense are legal and registered.   That speaks for itself right there. 

I was talking to my dentist the other day.  He is from Nebraska.  One day a man came into the diner that he was at to rob the place.  Out of towner.  Everyone in the place pulled their gun on him.  He walked out the door and drove away.  That's a bonus of every law abiding citizen owning a gun.  It defeats crime before it starts. 

Where it starts to become a problem is when you have a large concentrated population that is poor like the inner cities.  That's where your murders happen.  But not because of guns, because of thugs that will kill you either way.  I hear they are fond of knives in many Euro countries because of their lack of guns. 

BOOM!  FACE KICK!