By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita 3G data plan costs revealed.

Is there a 3G phone on the market that allows connecting to an hard disc through 3G to stream media from it?

Around the Network

Do people really have this much money?

Data plan for smartphone = $30
Data plan for tablets = $30
and now for the psp too.

People should really keep track their monthly spendings if they want this on top of all their other mobile devices.

Ps. I've heard wages are getting lower and lower?

Imaginedvl said:
kowenicki said:
Ajescent said:
I assume wifi can do online mp right? so what's the point of 3g?

is that a serious question?

My take on his post is that it was either a bad joke or a failed troll tentative.

OT: 

25$ is a bit expensive. Only 2GB and you cannot really use this device like an iPhone/WP7/Android to browse the web, check your email, use Skype, use online applications etc... Terrible pricing imo.

So asking naive questions is now trolling? wow, the standards of trolls really are slipping when innocent questions are mistaken for trolling.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

$14.95 for 250mb, that's just flat out pathetic, I mean wtf is that crap?

You have any idea how many updates I have done on games over a 'Months' time that go over that bench mark? just to put it in perspective.

Just a 'Perfect' example as to 1) Not to have AT&T as a provider. B) why you don't have (One) provider for a product. I mean shit, pay as you go plans are cheaper at Wal*Mart with more data.

This is $14.94 for ONLY 250MB A MONTH for >3G

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

3G is a waste of money. Just get a Wi-fi and hold out for the inevitable 4G in the coming years that could arguably be used for online gaming.

Around the Network

Is 3g required for the 'Near' feature?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

The 2gb cap makes it pretty useless for gaming but you guys are wrong about the bandwidth and speed being a problem.

My friend didn't have access to internet for a few months so he used his 3g phone as a tether and we legit played games like Halo:Reach and Gears 3 with very little problems. If 3g can handle those games I'm sure it could handle any games on the Vita. On the other hand he did have unlimited data so that changes everything, since he was eating through data like crazy every day.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I hear people are complaining about the prices. Its actually much cheaper than the monthly fee for lets say an iPhone......plus there's no contract!

My 3G unlimited data, unlimited calling Canada/US, unlimited (pic)/text global, blah blah blah.
All that for $27.50/month.

And they are asking for $25/month for only 2GB? /rolleyes

This sounds like a bad plan to me. I don't even pay for a data plan on my current phone so why would I do that for a handheld. To each their own I say.