By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita 3G data plan costs revealed.

pokeclaudel said:
Who would get this?

It's not the worst thing ever, I mean people have 3G data plans for their iPads/tablets (which I think is pretty dumb too).  Basically, it's for people who want GPS/multiplayer/minor web browsing at all times.

The pricing is a little weird (wish it was cheaper or more data) but I could see it being useful for children/people without smart phones.  I think it's just over priced and AT&T blows and the number of people without smart phones is ever dwindling.

Around the Network

As some people have said, use your phone as a hotspot for wifi better.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

NiKKoM said:
Icyedge said:

Is there a 3G phone on the market that allows connecting to an hard disc through 3G to stream media from it?

No... that's impossible.. connecting and streaming through Wifi? Plenty.. I use my iPad all the time to stream from a HD..

Ok, I was asking because Vita will be able to remote control a PS3 and access all of its media through 3G.

Icyedge said:
NiKKoM said:
Icyedge said:

Is there a 3G phone on the market that allows connecting to an hard disc through 3G to stream media from it?

No... that's impossible.. connecting and streaming through Wifi? Plenty.. I use my iPad all the time to stream from a HD..

Ok, I was asking because Vita will be able to remote control a PS3 and access all of its media through 3G.

I think there was some misunderstanding.  There is not way to "connect a hard disc through 3G" to a device.  Connecting a hard disc requires the physical hard disc and wires currently.

There ARE MULTIPLE ways of accessing data off of a hard disk through a network and STREAMING that data to your phone/device.  I would assume, since the PSP can do it, that the vita would be able to "remote play" the PS3 and access all of its non-DRMd media via 3G.  Granted, via 3G may be a little slow and watching videos will probably be choppy, but it should be possible, assuming that the vita shares the PSP's "remote play" functionality.

i find it hard to believe that people at sony get paid to green light these terrible plans. I think everyone is right when they say the 3G model will be dead at launch. People on this forum seem to have a better understanding of the market then sony....

I pray the Vita succeeds but sony are making it hard

Around the Network

I've tried 3G before with Version... It only lasted for 3 days. I was just browsing the internet, downloading small demos, and playing only a few matches online with Goldeneye 007. The data was about 2GB. So this data, for a monthly fee, is a scam.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Allot of people will just learn to root their phone for free wifi teathering, or they will just add tethering to their phone plan and use that. Paying for a service to give a gameing council that can double as a web brouser such a small limit is laughable.

I am also guessing all of the poor sales that I read about is due to lack of WiFi version because if i went in and they told me all they had was WiFi left I'd walk away. Even if it was only $50 more thats enough money for a game.