By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita 3G data plan costs revealed.

pezus said:
3G isn't meant for gaming. Just for browsing/twittering/etc

What do you mean??

Off topic: Your avatar is going to give me a nosebleed, is that the same girl from before?

Around the Network

I already knew I was passing on the 3G model, anyway. I think we'll see the same thing happen in the US and EU that happened in Japan, the WiFi version will be by far the most desired. Hopefully, Sony decides to adjust manufacturing so they are outputting WAY more WiFi units than 3G.

kowenicki said:
2GB will barely be enough so this isn't good. Multiplayer on the go isn't very practical yet. Paying that much for a hit and miss 3G signal is madness.

This. 3G is only up to par with what Xbox Live's average connection speeds were like 7-8 years ago.

Now if it were 4G that'd be doable. Still need a lot of lag compensation for the somewhat higher pings.

sounds reasonable, yet i know nothing about plans through a provider anyway so kow. may be right.

Those prices suck!

If I have a device I actually own it should be like $10 a month, otherwise I should be able to buy the Vita for $50 and get stuck with $25 a month for two years.

Around the Network

Terrible terrible pricing.

I just hope Sony don't screw up the launch here like they did because I don't know anyone in the right state of mind who would want the 3G model, especially with those rip off prices from AT&T.

In the US just do the smart thing people. Go to Metro PCS, now Metro USA I believe, get a smartphone plan for $50/month with unlimited talk, text and 3G web. Then root the phone (Android phone of course) and then enable the wireless tethering. That will then cause the phone to be accessible as a WiFi hotspot using the 3G service.

Since you should always have you phone on you that enables you to have your on the go whatever while only paying for the WiFi model.

Doing it any other way is asanine.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kowenicki said:
Ajescent said:
I assume wifi can do online mp right? so what's the point of 3g?

is that a serious question?

My take on his post is that it was either a bad joke or a failed troll tentative.

OT: 

25$ is a bit expensive. Only 2GB and you cannot really use this device like an iPhone/WP7/Android to browse the web, check your email, use Skype, use online applications etc... Terrible pricing imo.

So it doesn't reduce the price of PSV when you buy it together with 2 years contract (with that 25$ one you should be getting 1$ PSV imho) ?

Big failure.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
So it doesn't reduce the price of PSV when you buy it together with 2 years contract (with that 25$ one you should be getting 1$ PSV imho) ?

Big failure.

The $25/month is not an agreement price. For the Vita you only go month by month, so at any time you can just choose to no longer have the 3G plan.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

3G is gonna be dropped like the $499 launch PS3

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.