By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Was The Best Thing Sony Ever Did/Made.

The brand 'PlayStation'.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

The Playstation franchise. I had a walkman and a discman, meh.

Play Station brand. That's the best answer.

Carl2291 said:
Ronster316 said:

Har har har Carl.

Sony's megabucks beat up the little guy.

Congratulations MUST go out to sony for BUYING their way to the top huh?

Oh, and how is sonys financial situation these days? i heard they were losing billions (and i LOVE IT)

With regards to the contract.............. Sony tried to pul a fast one by making the contract the way it was......... thank god Nintendo noticed it or sony (as usual) would have got somthing for nothing (you know, like they do most of the time, buying rather than actually CREATING)

Back then Nintedno were gaming hardware and obviously sofware GIANTS (well, they still are)

And who exactly were sony back then in the gaming world........ i'll tell ya............ NOBODIES.

sony making a bunch a demands despite been complete gaming NOOBS? well suprise suprise... bunch of god damn DIVA's

To your first point - Sony bought their way to the top, it worked and it's happening now with a different company. No need to name names, but it's how this industry seems to work.

To your second points, the bolded part of your post.

Is there any proof of Sony changing the contract? If so, can you post it? I thought it was impossible to tinker and change an official, signed contract.

As for buying things and not creating things, a lot of companies do/have done this, including Nintendo and Microsoft.

Sony were the gaming nobodies, who Nintendo agreed to a contract with. Nintendo stabbed Sony in the back, because Nintendo seemingly was unable to read a contract for 3 Years. Sony then went on to make better selling and more appealing consoles for 15 Years. They increased the videogame market more than any other company, despite killing off a competitor in the process. They have (and are still doing) expanded our industry more than Nintendo ever did.

Sony entering the videogame business isn't as bad as you make it sound. You really shouldn't put Sony down for buying things, being the megabucks or being divas when you dominate the Xbox 360 gamerscore league.

mod edit: if you two want to continue the conversation do so on your walls or through PMs.

Carl edit: I was just about to edit into this telling him to PM me

mod edit: .....just wanted the final word

Very well said Carl.  I found a video that also backs up your statement. :)

(5:35 is when they start talking about it)

Torillian said:

Not the thread for Sony bashing bullshitting, Ronster, move along.

Fixed.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Torillian said:

Fixed.

not the thread to argue with those who can't even defend themselves either, the subject is dead here, if you want to argue with him about it PM or go to his wall.

Torillian said:
brendude13 said:
Torillian said:

Fixed.

not the thread to argue with those who can't even defend themselves either, the subject is dead here, if you want to argue with him about it PM or go to his wall.

Didn't know you told them to stop, I was just joking, I don't think he would feel compelled to reply.

Anyway, not enough TV love in this thread. I bet over half the people in this thread have owned a SONY CRT somewhere down the line.

brendude13 said:

Didn't know you told them to stop, I was just joking, I don't think he would feel compelled to reply.

Anyway, not enough TV love in this thread. I bet over half the people in this thread have owned a SONY CRT somewhere down the line.

Hell no! SHARP all the way! XP

Seriously, my family's SHARP CRT TV still works flawlessly!! :D

miz1q2w3e said:
brendude13 said:

Hell no! SHARP all the way! XP

Seriously, my family's SHARP CRT TV still works flawlessly!! :D

So does my family's SONY CRT.

We got that TV from our friend who worked for SONY, I think he might have actually gave it to us, good times.

spurgeonryan said:
The walkman!

That was all I wanted for a present for years u.til I got one.

Yesssssssssssss.