By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 2 looks horrible

InFamous 2 wasn't exactly marketed for it's mind blowing graphics. It doesn't look that great compared GoW or Uncharted 3, but the gameplay is where it really shines and honestly, the graphics are pretty good so I don't see where you're coming from.

Graphics should be the least important factor when playing open-world/sandbox games. I mean Skyrim graphics are pretty good and a big step up from oblivion but the gameplay, personally, is very boring and monotonous for me. For most games on a massive scale, graphics tend take a hit. I'd rather have shitty graphics and great gameplay/mechanics than vice versa (once again Skyrim being my personal example.)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I remember playing the demo and yeah, it looks bad to me...
The worst thing is that ALL console and PC games look bad to me nowadays, can't stop noticing bad textures, bad hair, bad trees, bad grass, noticeable polygons, etc.

At least it doesn't stop me from enjoying my games... I can even play PS1 and PS2 games with no problem but I need next gen fast, lol. This one started looking bad to me way too fast.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

this is the problem with gamers today, people are focused too much on graphics and not on gameplay!

It just suprised me, because on Youtube Infamous did you look bad at all.

Superpowers sandbox game, all the particles and sharp charactermodels for ..a sandbox game, I was completely surprised by how good it looked.

Around the Network

Played the demo, thought it looked good despite the lack of AA. My only advice to you would be to but your sharpness all the way down, sit a bit further back from the screen and turn the contrast up a bit (Bright colours tend to distract from the jaggies for me). But this is only if it reeaaally bothers you. It should help a bit.

I thought it looked like one of the best looking Sandbox game ever :S

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I've played it, I don't think it's graphics are bad enough to actually complain about lol

Then again I didn't really play it for very long, and I wasn't really paying attention attention to AA

o_O.Q said:
get a gaming pc, consoles don't seem to live up to your graphical expectations

But then he wouldn't be able to play Infamous 2...you clearly didn't think it through did you?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I thought it looked good, not as great as uncharted/killzone/GoW, but there was noticeable jump from infamous.