By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Year's buyer remorse: Or what games you regret buying this year?

Another great year in gaming, filled with good, bad, mediocre and games that we spend money on them just to discover that we didn't like them.  That doesn't mean that the game is bad is just that it wasn't for us; so let's ahre our buyer's remorse for 2011:

RAGE: This's one of those situations where you an see a lot of potential in a product, but it feels really short. In the graphic aspect the game is beautiful at times but its just not that fun to play at least for me.

Dragon Age II: I got it at a bargain bin for $10 and I want my money back.

Dead Island: Love the concept, love the graphics, love the idea, there's one thing that bother me in this game and it's the horrible level system. When I bought games I think first in the capaign mode or one player mode and honetsly the system used in this gam broke this thing, yes it's nice to see a co-op mode trying to be more fair but for me the idea was just pointless in a single player mode.

L.A. Noire (aka L.A. Bored): I was excited for this game mostly because it has the rockstar name behind it and it came after the glorious Red Dead Redemptiom just to discover a slow paced story with some of the most unlikleable characters I ever seen in a videogame, I haven't touch this thing in months and the demise of the team behind this thing was actually more fun than the game in my opinion.

Around the Network

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - Fuck you Capcom......

L.A. Noire - It was all good until the logic of the story broke down, and the retarded ending.

Dragon Age 2 - Yeah.....

White Knight Chronicles 2 - Should've been called, "The End of White Knight Chronicles 1 for $59.99"

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Duke Nukem Forever.

Don't think I'd need any word to tell you why I hate this, but I'll do it anyway.
Among the worst FPS I've played on the 360 and I've played almost all of them.
To get an idea what I've played else: Shellshock 2, Legendary, Conflict Denied Ops, Soldier of Fortune Payback, Turning Point Fall of Liberty, Blacksite Area 51, Sniper Ghost Warrior etc.
I can safely tell you that, except maybe for the first two mentioned games, Duke Nukem Forever is the worst.

Graphics are absolutely horrible. The FPS mechanics are a joke. Inside the levels there is just so much copy and pasted stuff. Much harder than it should be. Linear as hell etc. etc.

I'm happy I decided to switch to rentals this year but I still managed to fall into some traps.

Fallout 3goty...bugtasticated pile o' crap. The damn thing has more bugs than the previous version which is bizzare considering the newer versions are meant to get rid of bugs not add them.

Deus Ex HR: I dunno why because it's a good game but for whatever reason...it's just not working out. It's like dating a hot super model, when you decide to break up with her even though she's awesome and the whole world looks at you and think "What the fuzz is wrong with you?" you just don't feel it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Modern Warfare 3, it was awful :/

but other than that, I'm pretty happy with what I bought :)

Around the Network

At times I regret not buying socom 4 because of how much I love MAG, but every time I want it, I remember how poorly it scored.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
At times I regret not buying socom 4 because of how much I love MAG, but every time I want it, I remember how poorly it scored.

scores aren't always representative of how much you would like it so...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Killzone 3 - it's not a bad game, I'm just not that interested in FPS's any more. I've played it for less than 5 hours and I don't think I'll touch it ever again. =P It's a shame because I put many hours into Killzone 2.

CoD: MW3 - Same reason as above, I've played MW3 for less than an hour and I got it on launch day.

Child of Eden, about the only regret this entire gen

Yakuza 4 - The game is almost the same as its previous entry, but even slightly worse. I liked the third game in the series, but doing the same stuff over and over again with characters, I do not care about, gets boring pretty fast. I stopped playing it after around five hours.

Enslaved - The facial expressions of the characters and the characters themselves were probably the best thing about the game. Their behaviour and actions were realistic and lovely, but other than that, the gameplay suffered from its repetition and the story has some profound lacks.

Take a look at my photos on flickr